Needing a new 1x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Oct 13, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

1. musicman556

musicman556 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2019
    Smyrna, TN
    This is great advice. Also, modularity rocks!

Ampslut and Lobster11 like this.
  2. themickster

themickster

Oct 4, 2015
    England
    Markbass Traveler 151 is only 36 lbs

3. themickster

themickster

Oct 4, 2015
    England
    Yours weighs 36 lbs. My 250w Trace Elliott 1x15 is 60.

4. Good stuff, thanks; at 70, I am not going to haul a pair of speakers around. Looking for a standalone solution. The GK looks good.

musicman556 likes this.
  5. I would not be mixing. With PA support, I am looking at one and done

dbsfgyd1 likes this.
  6. Erik herman

Erik herman Gold Supporting Member

I’ve had a pair of rumble 15s and currently have a pair of the bassmans. If you look around you can definitely find bassmans in the price range of the rumbles, I know I lucked out and got one of mine for the same price as a rumble used and got a brand new one on close out for cheaper, during the beginning whispers of the pandemic. They definitely have a little more heft and clarity in sound to them than the rumbles, but I really liked my rumbles and wouldn’t think that the sound difference is that noticeable unless you A/B’d them side by side. The pure reason I moved to the bassmans was they are wider so my vintage sized amps didn’t hang over the edges!

LetItGrowTone likes this.
  7. lfmn16

lfmn16

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    Ampeg PF115. Not too heavy, on wheels, sounds good quiet or loud.

8. LetItGrowTone

LetItGrowTone

Apr 2, 2019
    I spent the money for one of the current ultra light and small neo 15s (not Mesa), and I preferred Rumble 115.

I believe that when the cab designer pushes small and light to the limit, something else must be compromised. Not an expert but I think it's a fact that not everything can be optimized all in one box.

9. Plain Old Barry

Plain Old Barry Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2018
    Connecticut
    Which cabinet was it?

10. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    I'd suggest your checking into RevSound cabinets.

Great sound, well built, very lite weight, fair priced.

11. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    You will get a lot of opinions, ( including mine ! ), but the best thing to do is go out and try as many as you can, and make a decision based on how it sounds to you. Having said that, I have been using 15's for most of my 40+ years of playing, and have tried quite a few of the newer, lightweight, neo cabs. My fave is the Schroeder PL15. Its light, has a nice, low midrange, inherent tone, excellent tweeter, easy to schlepp. I usually only need one cab, in a moderately loud Blues band.

Orpheus55 likes this.
  12. LetItGrowTone

LetItGrowTone

Apr 2, 2019
    I'm sorry, I don't want to say.

That cab, and amp by the same manufacturer, were let's say "ultramodern", to me. Mistake for me, that's all.

13. Phil508

Phil508

Feb 19, 2012
    Central MASS
    Get a Rock N Roller cart and you can move anything. I can use 1-12 or 2-12s or 1-12 + 1-15 or 2-15s or all together. The 12s weigh under 20lbs , the 15s (non neo) under 37lbs) 1st Pic all cabs, 2nd Pic 2x12s Rock Bar Oct 8th.jpg

RumbleBot likes this.
  14. The GK is probably one of the best cost/size 115's going. I know you're trying to keep costs in check, but my Revsound 115 is 25.2 lbs and handles 400 watts. When I was looking for the lightest 115 single cab option it was the obvious choice.

shoot-r likes this.
  15. Kukulkan61

Kukulkan61 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Northern Arizona
    Look for a used Mesa Subway 15 or even a 12, i gigged a single Subway 12 with a 5 piece band, they would tell me to turn it down!

petch, inthevelvet and two fingers like this.
  16. Cave Puppy

Cave Puppy "Humph Bo, he's wond!" - John Lennon

Jan 13, 2015
    creamyj.bandcamp.com
    Bag End S15-D all. the. way.

bassface69 and BasturdBlaster like this.
  17. I use a Rumble with a B&C speaker and it's definitely the business. I'll include the specs on the speaker. Tons of low end and with the tweeter handling the hi frequency I don't need anything else with it. Screenshot_20211013-075455_eBay~2.jpg Screenshot_20211013-075443_eBay~2.jpg

RumbleBot likes this.
  18. bigdaddybass12

bigdaddybass12

Feb 26, 2021
    This is the route I am going too. My 1x15 cab is not so heavy but awkward to move. Plus age & previous back issues I'd helping me decide

19. Fender Bassman 115. I have 2 and they are very light. Don’t know the Lbs off hand but I can carry one in each hand.
    I think they are around $600.00 each.
    Good luck with the hunt!

rodl2005 likes this.
  20. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    not in your price range, but the best 15 I've ever used.

IMG_3572.jpeg

RColie likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021