Needing a new 1x15

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Orpheus55, Oct 13, 2021 at 12:46 PM.

1. I'm happy with my Bag End S15-D. It's not Neo anything but is compact and quite punchy.

BasturdBlaster likes this.
  2. There is a PL15 on Reverb in mint condition for $250 plus $100 shipping; however, the 600 watt speaker was replaced with a 300 watt neo

3. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I would contact Jorg at Shroeder, Cabinets | Schroeder Cabinets | Bass Cabinets | California

The PL15 is rated at 600 watts, RMS. The woofer is not rated for that because it includes the 200 watt titanium tweeter. You might ask what driver was used to replace the original one, and then contact Jorg. He is a bass player himself, and typically answers all emails. Tell him about the replacement and ask him if it is an ok driver for that cab.

Orpheus55 likes this.
  4. The seller says it is an Eminence. I will email Jorg, thanks

5. Yeah, I have been looking at these. 56 lbs., but they look ergonomic and the wheels would help. I like the relatively compact size, as I am in a small condo and it has to fit in my clothes closet. Might be the answer.

6. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    Get the model, if you can; Eminence makes many 15's.

Orpheus55 likes this.
  7. 20191013_171709.jpg
    Bassman 115s are light and sound, I dunno if they're like ol Bassman 115s, but they sound round n tubby n vintage-ey.... tweeter off

Oh and they handle a good deal of power

8. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I usually abhore debt. In your case I'll make a small exception. Keep eyeballing Sweetwater and other dealers for 48 months free financing. When it comes up, order (pre-order if they're out of stock) a Mesa Subway 115. It's just that good. It will change the way you think about speaker cabs. It's pretty unbelievable, actually.

2tonic and Orpheus55 like this.
  9. Tried out a used but nearly mint SWR Goliath Jr. 210. A bit hefty at 51 lbs., but form-fits my car trunk and condo closet better than a 15 and feels and sounds tight and rock solid. Good price, and handcart friendly. Might go with it for now. Also looked at an older Carvin 115 but it sounded like mush. Sure, I'd love a Subway, but can't do it on retiree income. I greatly appreciate all the helpful and friendly comments here, as always.

2tonic likes this.
  10. lfmn16

lfmn16

Sep 21, 2011
    charles town, wv
    45 lbs according to Sweetwater. I’m surprised, it doesn’t feel that heavy.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021