Neoprene straps... talk to me

Discussion in 'Accessories [BG]' started by tb-player, Aug 1, 2019.

1. tb-player

tb-player Gold Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2019
    Normally I use padded leather 4” straps. I see a lot of neoprene straps out there. Comfort Strapp, Neotech, GruvGear... What’s your fav?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
  2. wizard65

wizard65

Sep 1, 2014
    59F5D982-58C9-43BD-B594-26829EE76197.png I use these on all my basses, good price and very comfy.

3. turcmic

turcmic Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2006
    Montreal, QC
    Been playing with a Neotech for 15 years. Very comfortable. I just bought another one for my other bass even if they are light weight. Both with strap locks.

4. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

I like mine. I highly recommend the Neo Tech. Some claim to be neoprene, but the vinyl is doing all the work which kind of defeats the purpose. Here’s mine:
    372F23BF-989A-4B19-A5F6-D90298CE2C99.jpeg

WallaceSnr likes this.
  5. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Ya, this strap is surprisingly comfy.

6. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

I've been a staunch user of The Comfort Strapp for at least 12 years.
    Snapshot_20180528_2 (2).JPG

Jerry Ziarko and Bass Boy like this.
  7. H Nighttrain

H Nighttrain

Feb 12, 2018
    I've got several Comfort Strrapps. One is really old, just the neoprene w/o the nylon, given to me by a bassist because of its 'bungee' effect. It's unusable with most basses because of that, but I love it with my lightweight Stickerbass, it's just under 7 lbs., stretchy but not bungee, very comfy.

I've never seen another, emailed Comfort Strapp but they never replied. Does anyone make these?

8. ProfFrink

ProfFrink

Jan 16, 2015
    I've been using Comfort Strapps and NeoTechs.

They are both quite good but TBH with my heavier basses there's only so much they can do to help. Compared with a good 4" leather strap (4" is a lot BTW) I doubt they will add much in terms of comfort.

I do recommend you try them - just saying don't count on them being silver bullets for this

9. Skillet

Skillet Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Louisiana
    I like the big 4 inch Gruv Gear strap.

Jaco Pastashoot likes this.
  10. sears

sears Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2005
    ec, md
    The GruvGear 4" strap is comfortable and distributes the weight nicely. I have two negative things to say about it. For a strap it's heavy so you're adding weight. And the leather/pleather parts are so stiff it almost needs its own case.

11. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    Neotech for me. I’ve got three of them. One is at least 8 years old and has done hundreds of gigs.

Jeff Marshall likes this.
  12. Aloe

Aloe

Apr 10, 2016
    Ukraine
    I have three 4” GruvGears on my basses and one 2.5 on guitar. In fact I retired all other straps.

As noted, they’re sturdy, so a bass with attached strap does not fit every case. I’m able to put a bass with strap in my Vertigo, but not in RoadRunner. And yes, in pocket it takes space (it folds like in three parts and fits the big pocket on my cases).

I however like their feeling, weight distribution and absence of buckles (Planet Waves straps have plastic buckles that did a ding-dong on my hollowbody every time I pulled the guitar from my stand or put it away). How long will they last? IDK yet, it’s been a couple of years since I got them.

13. I have a short ComfortStrapp on every bass I own.

14. Lesfunk

Lesfunk Bootlegger guitars : S.I.T. Strings Supporting Member

Apr 5, 2007
    Florida USA
    Gruv gear neo for me

15. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    I have 4" Gruv gear, and a Comfort Strapp, and a Sadowsky Neo strap. Gruv gear takes the cake, although a little bulkier than the comfort.

16. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

if a strap doesn't extend from one end of itself to the other it could spell trouble. but if it does that right: i like them to be at least 3" wide. 4" is cool too, but on some instruments, it might be too wide for me. i like leather, but anything which reduces 'slipping around' = good.

17. I've used Comfort Strapps for as long as I can remember. Hard to find them now in Canada. I spoke with the company and they told me to go to long and mcquade. No one at the montreal store had a clue about them. I contacted the company again and they basically told me "Well, we ship them to them every month" End of conversation. :(

18. gebass6

gebass6 We're not all trying to play the same music. Supporting Member

I've always said.
    If you have a "bungee" problem with a Comfort Strapp,it's because YOU are"Bungeeing"around.
    jump.jpg

19. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Neotech ++100

I been use planet wave wide bass strap, wide levy leather strap and finally only Neotech mega strap.
    This awsome material use and very comfort strap virtually reduce your bass weight .

Here is my 4th mega strap receive just now.

1567478585624.jpeg

Oh... my slogan again..

“ Lets the Neotech Treat your shoulder well since the first day you start playing bass guitar.”

wschenk likes this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021