1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New 2014 Squier Classic Vibe basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by birdman14, Jul 28, 2014.

1. klejst

klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Indeed that silver one looks saweet!

2. SpasticTastic

SpasticTastic

Dec 22, 2012
    Louisiana
    It has a 30'' scale, but for some reason they call it the "Jazzmaster Baritone."

3. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
    bridge easy split pea well do you have a router?

4. I'd have to fabricate a p-up ring, too, as a split P's not going to cover the route from the SC.

5. el_cody_loco

el_cody_loco

Feb 13, 2013
    Looking at ghe description for the item, it's a 30 inch scale... Tuned B to B. :\ Why they didn't just make it a 27 or 28 is beyond me. The Bass VI is hard to play as a regular guitar in the first position BECAUSE of the scale.

6. RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Mar 16, 2014
    It's also sad that online retailers don't provide weights on "Normal Joe Priced" basses. Sweetwater is the only one I've seen that does.

blindrabbit, Flad and awilkie84 like this.
  7. Yeah, and try requesting a specific weight range when ordering a bass (even one in the multi-thousand dollar range).

blindrabbit likes this.
  8. grrg63

grrg63

Dec 14, 2005
    Pittsburgh
    I got a Mike Dirnt Pbass from the TB classifieds and put a Fender repro vintage threaded saddle bridge on it, It fit in the existing holes. I bet you could do the same with this Squier.

9. Just checked out the Fender/Squier website. These babies do not appear anywhere!!??!!

10. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    New instruments are typically leaked through some online retailer long before they are officially announced by fender. Perfect example, the Starcaster/Coronado were announced almost 3 months before they were available in the US.

awilkie84 likes this.
  11. If only they made the 50s Precision in sunburst! Dang it.

12. Guinness20

Guinness20

Jan 24, 2013
    Liverpool, UK
    The 70's p bass is drop dead gorgeous! I love block inlays on a precision!

13. BudD

BudD

Jan 20, 2011
    Detroit
    Guys, I hate to break it to you. But the pictures in the original posting are from a Dutch music store. And that white Jazz bass with the matching headstock and the little cartoon? That's a Steffi Stephan signature model -- he's a German bass player. It would appear these are instruments for the German/Netherlands market and are not something you're going to see at your local Guitar Center anytime soon. There's a reason they aren't on the U.S. Fender site.

14. That's not always the case. Sometimes they test the waters over there & then release here.

15. Shoot!!!

16. tortburst

tortburst

Apr 1, 2007
    New Jersey
    I have a classic vibe 60s precision and installed a vintage threaded saddle bridge on it.
    The holes don't line up perfectly.

The squier cv bridge has a slightly wider hole spacing. The center 3 holes will be fine but the outer holes will be off by a couple millimeters.

I just slid the screws in as far as they'd go at a slight angle, about halfway, then screwed them in by force.

It's fine and you'll only see the millimeter offset of the screw head in the bridge hole if you specifically look closely for it.

Probably not the best thing to do if you plan on swapping bridges frequently but fine if you're going to leave the replacement in there.

That blonde 50s is on my wish list and if I get it the first thing I'm doing is replacing the bridge with a 50s 2 saddle.

grrg63 likes this.
  17. birdman14

birdman14

Feb 7, 2011
    Boston
    +1 the Coronado and Starcaster were introduced on a German site before they showed up on any us site. In fact, the fender site is generally the last place to post about the new instruments.

18. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Inactive

Jan 20, 2011
    i told them make more basses in more colors and theyll sell more basses and have more client base

19. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    Matching headstock? Inca Silver? Wow...
    I was hopeful of surf/seafoam green or shell pink for either P or J...but LOVE the silver and the blonde

20. pudgychef

pudgychef In Memoriam

Jan 22, 2005
    Chongqing, China
    Played on at L and M last week while back in Canada...really nice and the finish was soooooo much nicer/deeper in person

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 23, 2021