1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New 2017 Ibanez SRAS7-DEB Specs is Out...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Aidil, Jan 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    The new Ibanez 2017 catalog has specs of new Ashula bass:

Ibanez 2017 SRAS7 & SRH500.

So now we know the factory tuning is A-D-G (fretless) - E-A-D-G (fretted). :bassist:

Still not sure whether 'AS' in the name SRAS7-DEB stands for AShula or Aero Silk or...

Anyone GASsing for this one?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Very strange idea. I think I'd want the fretless portion on the other side though. Does anyone make a BEA (fretted) DGC (fretless) 6er?

Daniel Piper likes this.
  3. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    That is what Ibanez did with the first edition of Ashula bass (SR2010ASC): the fretless is on the other side. It is a 6er but the factory tuning is E-A-D-G (fretted) - D-G (fretless).

Few modifications have been reported with this old Ashula: changed the tuning to B-E-A-D (fretted) - G-C (fretless) or there was a guy who got rid the fretless part and made it fully fretted.

es.ibanez.com%2Fresourceservicehost%2Fimages%2FIbanez%2Fweb%2Fbass%2Fproducts%2Ftest%2FSR2010ASC.

bholder likes this.
  4. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I heard they made some upgrades to the BTB singlecut model also as well as added Aguilar pickups to some lines

5. Sid the Kid

Sid the Kid Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Have they released any of the other 2017 bass workshop models yet? I think I saw a hollowbody soundgear and a fanned fret 4 string in there.

6. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Very nice 7 string and it has wider string spacing (16mm) than BTB7 (15 or 15,5mm?). But what is that semi hollow srh bass below the sr7? Can you post a better pic of that bass (with the specs)?

7. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

Dec 28, 2002
    Where are you guys getting the catalog?

8. CoarseBass

CoarseBass

Dec 28, 2002
  9. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    yes, few new models in the Bass Workshop lines together with the SRAS7: the 4 string fanned fret SRFF800, the semi-hollow body fretted and fretless SRH500 and SRH500F...

I'll post better picture of the specs later on...

10. If they decide to bring over a 5-string BTB Singlecut with the Deep Twilight satin finish...

...Well... let's just say I'm REALLY glad I finally found a better-paying job! drool

11. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    The BTB7 isn't in the 2017 catalog anymore, so apparently it has been discontinued. Glad I've managed to buy one last year.

The BTB7 has 15.5 mm string spacing and the SRAS7 has 16 mm string spacing, so we could expect that the neck of the SRAS7 will be slightly wider.

Here is the specs of semi-hollow body SRH500 (sorry for the bad smartphone camera quality):
    IMG-20170104-WA002_edit.

Flaked Beans likes this.
  12. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    As far as what are in the catalog, only the new single cut 6 string BTB846SC gets the DTL finish. The 5 string BTB845SC gets the NTL finish.

Mind you that I'm in the South East Asia region. There might be different color finish in different region part of the world.

IMG-20170104-WA009_edit.

Flaked Beans likes this.
  13. Soooooo much brown!

14. nyangsw

nyangsw

Apr 26, 2012
    Do they offer fan fret bass of BTB series?

15. bassebruno57

bassebruno57

Aug 17, 2008
    France
    And in the Signature line ? The Thundercat bass ?

Grapevine921 likes this.
  16. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    no fanned fret bass in the 2017 catalog other than the 2 previous released SRFF and the new 4 string SRFF.

17. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    Seems odd because there is no B-string.

They would sell more if it was just a BEADGCF 7-string fretless.

srayb likes this.
  18. jimmyb

jimmyb An Avid Indoorsman Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2003
    Elkton, MD
    Any USA price points yet on this one?

19. Aidil

Aidil

Dec 4, 2014
    Jkt, IDN
    No Thundercat in the catalog... Pretty much still the same as previous in the Signature Models: Gary Willis, Gerald Veasley, Adam Nitti, Peter Iwers, Fieldy, Mike D'Antonio, and Sharlee D'Angelo

20. LordHar

LordHar

Mar 31, 2003
    Aidil and HaphAsSard like this.