1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chelosky, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Chelosky

Chelosky

Jan 1, 2013
    Pittsburgh
    Ive been playing bass for about four years now and its time to get a new amp. I am trying to get a more clean metal tone not with much overdrive. I have a Fender P-Bass and Rotosound SH77 Steve Harris Signature Flat Wound Bass Strings. Ive been trying to get a Steve tone if that helps, like on the song The Clairvoyant Please help

2. IPYF

IPYF

Mar 31, 2011
    If you want to sound identical to Steve Harris you might seriously want to think about getting an older Trace Elliot on the second hand market.

Get a 1048H and pair it with any amp that Trace ever made and you should have plenty of Maiden style pluck.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Hmmm...Steve Harris tone? Be Steve Harris.

Think I'm being silly? Jaco, Larry Graham, and John Paul Jones played nearly identical basses and amps.

4. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Roots and fifths and a little extra. Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    I'm not hearing a whole lot of special things going on tone-wise. Use heavy gauge flats on a P... and copy his technique.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021