Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikewins, Jan 2, 2004.

1. mikewins

mikewins

Jan 2, 2004
    Hello, I'm new to this forum, but have been playing bass for a number of years. I'm not a bad player but I do lack funds. Having used a dodgy Kramer Focus Bass for the last 4 years or so, I'm intending on purchasing a new one. Like I say, I don't have much cash so I've been looking at the OLP Musicman Bass. It's like the cut down version of a Stingray. I can buy this for around £220, or I think it sells in the states for about $200.
    If anyone has any experience with this bass please post if you can, and also if anyone has any recommendations for an intermediate/advanced bass for around the same price-tag.

Cheers!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Might i recomend using the Search feature in this forum? This bass has been discussed quite a bit, and a lot of people seem to like it a lot.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The OLP 4 string is a decent MM copy, for the price. It has the 'Ray look, but doesn't quite get the 'Ray tone. And the quality can be a bit dodgy. Play several of them and pick the best one.