1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mikewins, Jan 2, 2004.

1. mikewins

mikewins

Jan 2, 2004
    Hello, I'm new to this forum, but have been playing bass for a number of years. I'm not a bad player but I do lack funds. Having used a dodgy Kramer Focus Bass for the last 4 years or so, I'm intending on purchasing a new one. Like I say, I don't have much cash so I've been looking at the OLP Musicman Bass. It's like the cut down version of a Stingray. I can buy this for around £220, or I think it sells in the states for about $200.
    If anyone has any experience with this bass please post if you can, and also if anyone has any recommendations for an intermediate/advanced bass for around the same price-tag.

Cheers!

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Might i recomend using the Search feature in this forum? This bass has been discussed quite a bit, and a lot of people seem to like it a lot.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

The OLP 4 string is a decent MM copy, for the price. It has the 'Ray look, but doesn't quite get the 'Ray tone. And the quality can be a bit dodgy. Play several of them and pick the best one.