Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Billy Sheehan & Brian Bromberg

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jerry, Feb 22, 2005.

1. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I picked up a couple heavier releases from some bassist this week as well....Billy Sheehan's 'Cosmic Troubadour', and Brian Bromberg's ' Metal' The Billy Sheehan album has a lot less singing than his last one, and more great bassplaying. The whole last third of the album is instrumental....a good thing ;)
    Brian Bromberg's album might surprise some people....it's quite heavy with his Piccolo bass taking the spot of a heavy guitarist. There is also some very aggressive slapping from Brian as well :bassist: It's been been a good release week for bass albums :cool:

2. mariner

mariner

Feb 18, 2005
    Front Royal, VA
    I enjoyed Compression, it was a unique departure from what he'd done in the past. I'll have to go look for this new one.

I'll never forget the time I saw Mr Big at a very small club and was at the edge of the stage the whole night. Paul Gilbert hit a note at one point that made everyone say ouch. Billy was just fantastic, never ceases to amaze me. My chest was sore after that show...

3. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    +1 for Billy Sheehan!

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Today I picked up a album by a guy named Johnny Hiland, it's produced by Steve Vai, and has Billy Sheehan on bass. It's like a country blues cat with Billy playing in a different style than usual.......but he still sounds like Billy kicking a$$ :bassist:

5. ss162

ss162

Oct 19, 2004
    Hi:
    i want to Billy Sheehan's CD,too.Could you tell me where can i get it?? or web ? Thanx a lot.

6. mariner

mariner

Feb 18, 2005
    Front Royal, VA
    If you go to Billy's website, he talks about a new album he and Steve are working on which was more challenging than anything he's ever done. It should be a killer...

7. I know Bromberg gets bashed a lot here, but I dig him. I think he has done some great things (outside of his great chops). I think he is fun to listen to.