1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New EHX stuff

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Akeris, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Akeris

Akeris

Jul 23, 2006
    New Jersey
    Check it

http://www.ehx.com/

XO Graphic Fuzz, XO Worm, XO FREQ ANALYZER (I've waited so long) Yayz!

:hyper:

2. Whoa! Their site looks better

3. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    pumped on the worm. I hope it does well on bass.

4. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I NEED that frequency analyzer

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Quoted for easily amusing myself.

6. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    There was a time in my life when I thought I would eventually "grow up" and things like this wouldn't amuse me greatly.

It may still eventually happen, but clearly it hasn't yet.

7. The Graphic Fuzz looks pretty interesting to me. I've heard good things about the original, and based on everything that I've seen and heard from about the XO line, the new one can only be better.

8. andvari7

andvari7

Aug 28, 2004
    Ennui
    I guarantee you the next XO pedal will be the Polychorus.

But, to stay on track: amazing. I will have the Frequency Analyzer, Graphic Fuzz, and the reissued Hot Tubes. That, along with the Polychorus (which will be reissued as an XO), Polyphase, and a 105Q, will make up my second pedalboard, which (in my inimitable way) has been given a name: Davros (search that name on the Wikipedia, and you'll sort of understand).

9. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2007
    boston, ma
    I liked the other one, with all the flashy graphics and spinning pictures. I guess this one is easier to navigate.

This makes me really want an XO BMS again.

10. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I didn't like the Frequency Analyzer at all, but I'm excited to check out the Graphic Fuzz.

11. Hot tubes? I didn't see that one.

I love the tube zipper, which I understand has a similar preamp section (correct me if I'm wrong) but I would love to have the hot tubes EQ controls. THERE's an overdrive for ya!

12. Me either - and I LIKE ring mods. Well see if the XO version is different at all, but until my Mold Spore breaks down I can't see myself going for the FA. I actually bought a used full-sized FA and unloaded it because it couldn't compete.

It probably does "subtle" better, though.

Anybody have any experience with this for bass? The graphic EQ leads one to suspect it could work well on bass, but even so there's always that chance it's got the low end stifled to avoid "muddy" sounds on geetar, like so many other distortions...

13. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    If they redo the Polychorus I will be very happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I love that pedal and want the XO one, and sad because I'd have to unload my full size one, that no one will want.

14. So sell it now and live without it for a while?

15. Mr. Pickles

Mr. Pickles Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2006
    Dutchess County, NY
    I've bought and sold the Polychorus twice...Methinks the third time may be a charm.

16. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I can't. It's an integral part of my band's set, I've got to have it. Maybe once its more than a rumor, I'll sell it between gigs and hope i can get the new one in in time.

17. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    When I typed it out I laughed. Graphic Fuzz could be cool. Man I love EH. At one point I thought that I was going to have nothing but EH. It went away. I think that feeling is coming back now. Hurray For EH!!!

18. Ouch, the frequency analyzer has a 40 volt power supply!

19. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Holy crap you're right. AND it's center positive!

Maybe I don't need it...

20. Haha, yeah, GAS was rumbling away in the back of my brain but it soon went away when I saw that :p I'm waiting for this Pigtronix Mothership to come out!