Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new elrick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by membranophone, Nov 9, 2003.

1. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    Just won an ebay auction on a new elrick!

Tell me, did I get an OK deal?

click here

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    You just won a brand new Elrick neck through 4 string P/J bass for $952 and you're asking if you got a good deal???? :)

You didn't get a good deal. You got a smokin' deal! Wow. Congratulations, and welcome to the Elrick owners club. Please post back here once you get it

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    That's a ridiculous deal. Good thing I didn't see it;)

I took my singlecut Spalted Maple-topped fretless 5 and Crotch Walnut-topped E-volution 4 on my gig last night. The band loved both of them. So do I:D

BTW David, he already has/had a smoking Elrick.

4. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    whew! I'm shaking.. I can't believe I actually won that auction. I tossed in a bid of 1000 on an impulse about an hour before it closed, figuring that I'd probably get sniped.

Well, now that I've got another elrick coming, I guess it's time to sell the StingRay. Anyone wanna buy a near mint 2001 Ray in metallic purple?

[​IMG]

5. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    You outbid me on that one! I would have bid more, but I don't think that my bank account would have let me. I hope it turns out to be a great bass!

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    welcome to the fold... :cool:

7. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Nice looking instrument! I've dealt with the seller, I bought one of my Roscoes from them. Very nice instrument, but they didn't set it up before shipping. Which is okay, I always set up my basses anyway. Congratulations, I hope you enjoy your new bass!

8. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Wait a minute, I just noticed the starting bid. Ten dollars with no reserve??? They must be nuts!

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    They've been trying to sell that one for a while. They kept putting it up with a starting bid of $1,800 if I remember correctly. I hadn't seen it for a few months - guess they must have been having a stock clearance?

10. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I don't really get it either. No bids on a start of $1800 and then drop to no reserve? If they dropped the start to $1400 it would've sold IMO.

Congrats, I would've loved to have gotten that deal. That qualifies as a once in a lifetime deal IMO;). Rob's 4 strings kill. IIRC this is membranophone's second crazy deal on an Elrick. One more and he ties with me:D

BTW I've had very good experiences with Electric City.

11. Hmm.. let's see..
    YEAH!
    Congrats, man. That is awesome.

12. That is one smoking bass and one amazing deal!

The neck attachment with the pickup is interesting. Looks pretty neat.

Geoff

13. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Whew. That's a nasty, crazy, killer deal, man. Congrats.

I'm always amazed when Elricks go for a song (no pun intended) considering what good basses they are.

14. Gsxtasy99

Gsxtasy99

Jul 10, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Congrats! I saw that bass on ebay, i'm glad she went to a good home.

Welcome to the club, she looks mighty pretty. Electric City Music are good guys to deal with, i've gotten stuff from them before.

15. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I cannot believe you got that Elrick for that price... you lucky son of a gun... congrats and if you don't want it.. you can give it to me ;)

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    well,

if you're not happy with it, and i dunno how you wouldnt. ;) you can always send it back after the 48 hour approval. btw, does this bass strike anyone else as "Wooten" esque? *shrug*

btw, i bought my VERY first bass from them on ebay, a Roscoe 4 banger. really killer price, too, in the same range as your El. i got it, and it was in fine shape. frets needed dressing, but other than that yet another great deal. FYI, recently donated it to my church's rig.

17. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Congrats! You stole that baby :D

Here's one I used to have ......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    Thanks everyone, I'm pretty excited.

BassFiddle.. that bass is GORGEOUS! :eek:
    Why'd you sell her?

This new addition will be a good accompaniment to my 6 string..

[​IMG]

19. BassFiddle63

BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Oklahoma
    Well, that's a good question! :D Back when I had it I was doing some pretty heavy bass trading just trying different stuff so it got traded for something else (can't even remember for what now). I 'will' say it was one of the finer basses I've owned ... nice woody-organic tone.

BTW ... Your 6'er is NICE!

20. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Yep, definitely has that 4 string Fodera vibe. If it somehow sounds as good or better than my E-vo 4 he's got a winner on his hands. MB o'phone, if you decide you don't want it... ;)

I've yet to see an Elrick that didn't play amazingly well. It's a given IME:D