1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Fender "Black Top" basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drewfunk, May 19, 2011.

1. drewfunk

drewfunk

May 10, 2010
    Olympia, Wa
  2. Tmw2011

Tmw2011

Feb 23, 2011
    Edmond, OK
    o_O

I had to check my calendar to make sure it wasn't April 1st.... I do like how the blogger notes that 'the astute observer will note that...' when you can blow the pic up and see... a grainy blur against the black bass... :ninja:

3. MrJack

MrJack

May 1, 2011
    The page isn't loading for me! D: Are there pics? I'd particularly like to see the P bass...

4. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    I think this is one of those recurring periods when someone really needs to slap some sense into FMIC. :scowl:

5. this is exactly what I've always wanted.

6. a black bass in a tiny pic with Duff isnt really giving much detail on looks

7. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I don't know about the basses, but I picked up a Black Top Strat a couple months ago and have been really impressed with it.

It cost $50.00 less than the Standard MIM's but seems to be a cut above anything else near the price range. Looks great, too.

8. drewfunk

drewfunk

May 10, 2010
    Olympia, Wa
    I actually think the dual p pickup jazz would be pretty bitchin. I'd rock one just to stand out like a sore thumb :bassist:

9. Reminds me of my old p bass elite ll with dual splits. I loved that bass

10. I almost used explicit language to say how excited I was for this bass. I would play the pants off that bass. Hell, I'd sell a bass to have that! I love jazz necks and the jazz body, but I love the punch of the Precision bass.

11. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee

Nov 13, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
  12. Just in case anyone's like me and is too lazy to click links....here it is.
    5735098882_47dd10234e_b.

13. xJasonSmithx

xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I hope they have some of the color and fretboard options that the guitars have.

-Jason

14. tdub0199

tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I want one now!

15. I'm with you on that. If the Blacktop concept is as well executed in the bass models as it is with the Blacktop Strats, Jags and Teles, we're in for some pretty nice products.

16. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    Those Bastards at Fender!!!! (I love Fenders btw) Now I really hope I get promoted in September!!! GAS, GAS, GAS.....don't put on your gas masks...for you ex-military brethren.

17. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    There is no way one could make out pu configuration from that pic. Still, these basses sound interesting.

EDIT: Ah. I meant the small one where duff holds the bass. Did not see the big pic. One might be able to see the pu's there.

18. anezthes

anezthes

Oct 18, 2010
    5734581299_68db4462cd_b.

19. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    Looks like a mexi, or MIJ made model...the bridge may be high-mass but it's not string through....or it could be made from the same stock as the american specials, which also are not string thru.

Then again...now that I see the P bass...it looks like it may be a cheap chinese made squier. Those humbuckers aren't exactly the greatest either...imo.