1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New from Genzler: Magellan 350 / BA10-2

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sav'nBass, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass What the .............. Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Genzler Magellan 350 / BA10-2

Nice!

Magellan 350

Design Features:
    • Clean Channel –
    • Pristine and Articulate
    • Dual-Curve Variable Contour Circuitry
    • Curve A -- Classic to Modern -- Mid Scoop Curve
    • Curve B -- Thicker to Vintage -- Low-Mid Bump w/Tapered Top End
    • Active 3 Band EQ w/Parametric Mid Control
    • Signal Mute Switch
    • Thermal Sensing Variable Speed Fan Cooling
    • Full Featured XLR Direct Output Interface
    • 2.67 Ohm Min. Total Load
    • Output: 175W/8 Ohms, 350W/4 Ohms and 350W/2.67 Ohms
    • Dimensions: 9”W X 9.75”D X 2.75”H
    • Weight: 3.5 Lbs.

BA10-2

Specifications:
    • Power Handling: 250 Watts / 8 Ohms
    • Dual Speakon® and ¼” Combination Input Jacks
    • Unique Angled Cabinet Design
    • Dimensions: 15.5”W x 15”D x 13”H
    • Weight: 21 LBS

2. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Gloucester County, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    FYI: Also comes as a "combo" - using a simple bracket that screws the head down to the cabinet.

gfaulkner and oren like this.
  3. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Vertical 4x10 with these would be awesome. Price adds up though.

4. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass What the .............. Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Northern Va.
    Well yeah....... ;)

5. Mark Gollihur

Mark Gollihur Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 19, 2000
    Gloucester County, NJ
    Owner/President, Gollihur Music LLC
    Would be neat! But the amp wouldn't handle the ohm rating, and the angle of the cabinets at that height would be a bit precarious... :)

6. The 110 combo paired with a BA210 would be a sweet little rig with loads of flexibility.

7. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    Yes, it would take 2 amps and would have to be a supported (fixed) install as 4 high stand-alone would not be stable. It would start looking like a PA array - which would be cool. One MG350 is electrically rated to handle 3 cabs.

Mark Gollihur likes this.
  8. bebass

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    Perhaps...but I would want Jeff's opinion on this. I suspect the crossover points and the different mid-high driver sizes may not play so well together - could be wrong.

Basically Bob likes this.
  9. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Sullivan, MO
    Have you had the chance to try the new combo yet, or do you have to wait for the release date?

10. Very cool! :)
    Brent

11. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    Actually the little BA10-2 is an interesting pairing with either of the larger Bass Array cabs. The BA10-2 offers a little more top end due to the 4 x 2.5" Neo sealed back drivers. That is a nice "topper" to the big and meaty output of the other BA cabs. The other factor is this smaller cabinet tilts up slightly which also offers a little more detail with the projection from the BA10-2.
    Don't get me wrong, the BA10-2 on it's own is a real "surprise" with its LF depth and mid and top end detail in such a small package.

I hope this helps.

Mastermold and revroy like this.
  12. Jeff Genzler

Jeff Genzler Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 9, 2007
    Brooklyn NY
    Currently GENZLER AMPLIFICATION / Formerly GENZ BENZ
    A couple of people on the forum have tried this new product.
    @Hotblack is one who played the rig at the La Bella Lords of the Low End event in October in NYC.

3rdcurve likes this.
  13. svtb15

svtb15 Commercial User

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    I was just on the site today. Everything is posted along with some nice photos

14. Interceptor

Interceptor Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    That looks like a great rig for us who work small rooms at low volume. It sure is nice to see products of high quality in the low volume segment. Very appreciated.

Personally, I can see that head replacing my current class D head.

15. bebass

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    Jeff said only NYC players get to test and people in Missouri have to wait. Nah, just kidding.
    No I have not seen it yet. I will get to see it as soon as he starts shipping as we are only one day shipping distance.

16. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    I did, and I was really impressed. It comes across like I'm a cheerleader, but it is quite the small rig.
    For anyone who has been to a Lords of The Low End, or some form of bass gathering, you understand the cacophony of low end rumble, slap sounds, general din of talking, and other assorted musician noises. When we fired up this rig and started playing, it cut through everything. I was stunned. There was plenty of low end as I put it through the paces with a 5-string (low B).
    I'm chatting with a friend of mine who is talking about getting this rig for his father. The father is retired, but still active and playing. Nevertheless, he's getting along in years, and the 2x15 rig is not ideal. This rig is ultra lightweight without sacrificing tone. Would this be my go-to rig for an outdoor show without PA support? Probably not. However, if you're doing clubs and/or mid-sized venues, don't write this off as a "coffee house"/acoustic guitar backup/jazz combo rig.

revroy, TheRealKong and SirMjac28 like this.
  17. Are you refering to the BA10-2 combo, on its own or with an extension cab?

18. Hotblack

Hotblack Pay the cost to be the boss. Supporting Member

May 20, 2002
    Provided content for Genzler Amplification
    We ran it a couple ways. Initially, it was with the extension cab. That cut though with plenty of headroom to spare. Even running the combo alone, there was plenty of sound. Granted, not quite as loud, but very respectable.
    If you are playing without a drummer, using the combo alone, you should feel no pain. If you have a drummer, you might still be OK with the combo alone, but in that instance type of band/drummer/other instruments will start to come into play.

Basically Bob likes this.
  19. The Deep End

The Deep End Talent growth rate < gear acquisition rate :( Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2013
    New York City
    Jeff is fed up with Missouri players saying "Show Me". Ba Dump Bump. But serious, ladies ...

3rdcurve likes this.
  20. Gizmot

Gizmot Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Nashville area
    No handles on the sides of the enclosure?