New guy

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jim McCoy, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Jim McCoy

Jim McCoy 2015 4003W

Jul 22, 2018
    Woooh Scott! Your story about meeting Chris is incredible. I would have loved to have been at the show you were talking about. How amazing to have seen three of my favorite Yes albums performed live at one show. And to catch Gentle Giant at the same show. That must have been mind boggling! I saw Gentle Giant one time. It was back in the seventies and I saw Genesis on the Seconds Out tour, then drove across town and caught Gentle Giant at a large club. This all happened in Dallas, Texas. What a night it was!

2. Jim McCoy

Jim McCoy 2015 4003W

Jul 22, 2018
    Scott, I went back and retread your post and realized the Gentle Giant show was in 1975. Silly me!

Jeff Scott likes this.
  3. Jim McCoy

Jim McCoy 2015 4003W

Jul 22, 2018
    Thank you MCF for your kind words. I hope one day you will own a Rickenbacker, they actually become a part of your soul.

4. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Suspended

I've had quite a few different Rick basses over the decades, and several of their guitars (6 string, 12 string, electric, solidbody, hollowbody, acoustic). My first Rick bass was a February 1967 4005WB in factory original Jetglo. I got it in 1973, straight trading a late '60s Jazz Bass that was my first bass (got that in 1971) with some local guy. I had that 4005WB for 38 years, selling it in the summer of 2011.

NealBass likes this.
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021