1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New here...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by shorty4life, Dec 22, 2013.

1. shorty4life

shorty4life

Dec 22, 2013
    Hi everyone. So I'm new here, and somewhere i read that i need to post a picture of my bass. I've had number of nice basses in the past which have all been sold (a Stringray 5, a Spector 4, a number of 4 string "metal-sticks"), but this one was my first (and currently my only) bass. I believe it might be a Kramer DMZ 4000. Bought it roughly 27yrs ago for $150 and I'll probably have it as long as I walk this earth. It's ugly. It's heavy. Balance is terrible. Action is high because I ripped the frets out with a screwdriver at 3AM when i was 17, and then had to fill the "ebonol" fingerboard with some nasty epoxy compound to be resurfaced as a fretless. the pups were upgraded (i forget to which brand, but i swapped them into the original tan cases). and i slapped a Ken Smith bridge on it too. It's a beast. But i love it anyway ;)

**Image Shack is having issues. But i will be back to post this thing later!**

2. Gotta keep your first bass. I am just not entirely convinced you have it.

3. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well!

Apr 19, 2009
    Hawaii
    Welcome! Yes,there's an unwritten rule here..No pic =No bass ;)..and kudos for holding on to your first,looking forward to the pics!

4. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Welcome aboard! :cool:

Yes, we are quite visually oriented here... ;)

5. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Welcome that bass sounds very interesting.