1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

NEW KEN SMITH BURNER SIGNATURE HADRIEN FERAUD

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HADRIEN FERAUD, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    If the basses are made by the same people making Hajime's Brooklyn Basses (carried by Brian @ thelowend) they will be first rate. The Brooklyn Bass I played was perfect in every way and played and sounded killer.

2. AMAZING. Just ASTOUNDING.:eek:

And I randomly JUST came across Ken Smith's old thread today, where apparently you two first talked to each other. And to think that there was bad blood between you two...

It's great to see you getting the recognition you deserve.

3. Yeah, that short horn is just a killer on these. You can see in his picture that his right arm is 'hugging' the body to (I assume) keep the neck from diving, which is about the only way you can play these things standing up. However, the balance sitting is perfect.

4. marvellous

marvellous

Aug 26, 2009
    oui Hadrien !!!!!!!! elle est très belle ta basse

5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA
    Thats incredible! Im still waiting to see what the price is, and Im dying to know!

6. Buogon

Buogon

Feb 2, 2009
    New Jersey
    Great bass, the Burners are hot basses , i'm the proud owner of a 90's custom 6 to which sounds great and have "No" problem with neck dive issues.

7. bottomzone

bottomzone Gold Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2005
    THAT IS SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!!

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

8. humpy thumb

humpy thumb

Jul 23, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Warwick bass forum moderator.
    Excellent looking bass Hadrien.
    I'm looking forward to hearing you play it.
    Regarding the fingerboard & ramp wood.You said ivory?
    Pink Ivory wood, a sacred wood of Zulu chiefs in Southern Africa, has long been treasured as a rare wood. At one time, it was said to be rarer than diamonds.
    Your choice of woods sounds pretty amazing.

9. barrybass33

barrybass33 Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2008
    westchester new york.
    Best of luck with the bass....

10. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    That is a great looking bass...
    Wow it seems like only yesterday when Ken Smith was putting his foot in his mouth about Hadrien playing an inferior model and we were fortunate enough to realize that Hadrien was a member here.

If you make a great bass, you don't need to excel in public relations

11. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    PA

Wow, Hadrien gave it to him.

And Smiths remarks were uncalled for, IMO.

This just shows that its the player, not the bass!

12. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    Hadrien was actually pretty gracious and I think Ken just has an abrasive personality/sense of humor at times, I don't think he meant any harm.

That was just the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread.

Hadrien impresses me as a musician and a person.

By the way I think that Fodera with the Holly top he had made for him was one of the sweetest looking basses around...the guy likes what he likes though.

13. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    I am not sure what to say about the remarks that were made after reading the first link. :eyebrow:

14. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    Will there be different pickup options on these models? I ask because in one image the pickups have exposed pole pieces and in another they clearly do not.

15. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Obviously Hadrien and Ken got over the rough start, so I don't think much should be made about it now. I just think that it is truly poetic justice that the Hadrien Feraud Signature Smtih is a Burner and not a real Ken Smith!:D

16. Funkinthetrunk

Funkinthetrunk Registered User Supporting Member

Wow...I vividly remember a certain Ken Smith's article for "Bass Popping Technique" many, many years ago on Guitar Players magazine. As I recall in that article, he asked Stanley Clarke how to do that thing with your thumb. That would be SLAPPING….

17. HADRIEN FERAUD

HADRIEN FERAUD Inactive

Aug 31, 2006
    Los ANGELES / PARIS
    Endorsements : See profile
    lol you are right ... i was thinking at the McCartney's/Wonder tune " Ebony & Ivory "... Sorry

Yes , it's Ebony ....:cool:

18. HADRIEN FERAUD

HADRIEN FERAUD Inactive

Aug 31, 2006
    Los ANGELES / PARIS
    Endorsements : See profile
    I'm sorry ,i have no infos about the retail price , because as certain electronics things are custom , they have to get the last costs to calculate the price .

All basses will have flat cover on Pick Up , it's very important for my finger style with 4 fingers to have a flat area ( P Us and ramps) to roll on strings .

The first contacts were just a kind of tease ,I'm glad Mr Ken Smith gave his agreement to Hajime to "re born" a fantastic instrument .. i tried to find a Burner "rescue one " on Ebay , in case mine had damages during travel ...i never had the chance to buy one ... the few "second hands" i saw were selling very very fast .

Concerning the release of those Basses i think that the first run of ( 10 or 12 ) will be released within the end of the year . And then they will start to produce early 2010 ...

Here is the top's wood for the second bass they made for me ( wich will be adapted for a midi setting )
    BURNER08.jpg

All my best thoughts to all of you .

Hadrien

19. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Hadrien...It's ironic that you made the Burner series popular again , which prevented you from being able to buy one on E-Bay!!!

20. majo57

majo57

Jan 24, 2007
    France
    i confirm the great quality of that bass , and i expect to have one soon, maybe it's will be a great model at good price, i'think

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 15, 2021