1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

new mackie / ipad mixer dl 1608 - pretty cool

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by hgregs, Jan 23, 2012.

1. hgregs

hgregs

Sep 25, 2008
    ct/ny border
  2. fokof

fokof One day ,I'll be in the future

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    Wow , great idea!

If all the band members could control their IEM mixes with their own iPhones , that would be a homerun!

3. fokof

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
  4. Jake Saint

Jake Saint

Dec 31, 2011
    Mine Hill, NJ
  5. Wes Whitmore

Wes Whitmore

Mar 10, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    That thing pretty much meets all my criteria for requirements! We could get rid of a lot of gear. It looks like if the Ipod fails or drops network, it will continue to work with the settings you had before failure. I am betting that the soundman will start going crazy as he walks around the room and realizes just how much the sound changes. I'm going to have to check that out.
    Wes

6. We just started using the presonus stuff as well. My drummer and I are using the iPads for personal mixers, which work really well. Plus being able to walk around the venue while mixing is a huge plus. The mackie looks like the UI is much nicer, but I haven't seen any info on the personal mixing abilities. I'm also waiting on someone to come out with a mixer that has a built in wifi network so we could ditch the router. I think the option to record to the iPad is killer...I wonder if each person can record their personal mix to their iPad, or if it only works with the docked unit.

7. Silas Stingy

Silas Stingy

Feb 19, 2009
    U.K
    Can't wait to see some reviews of this in practical use. Although I'm no great fan of Apple products, the Ipad teamed with the Mackie could be an interesting piece of kit. The whole thing looks very transportable.

8. makaspar

makaspar Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Austin, TX
    Sound guy here. Can't wait for the release.. My Midas board is going up for sale - its just too big for my gigs.

There is another local sound guy who has been using a digital-mixed-by-laptop system for a few years.. Always seemed clunky to me, but this looks perfect!

Anyone in the market for a Midas Venice 320, with doghouse and rolling case? :)

9. Lync

Lync Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2004
    NY
    Can't wait for this...already have the Ipad 2, so I am ready to go. Great not only for soundguys, but also those who do sound from the stage (and it looks to be nice and light).

10. Rob Lewis

Rob Lewis

Feb 23, 2006
    London
    Any latency problems with this board that anyone knows of?

11. Jake Saint

Jake Saint

Dec 31, 2011
    Mine Hill, NJ
    hasn't been officially released yet, so no.

12. philter25

philter25

Mar 26, 2010
    Germantown, MD
    I heard pricing will be $999 + the price of an iPad (if you dont have one.)

I dont have an iPad, but I love this idea. Im interested in hearing actual live band reviews.

I just wish it wasnt iPad specific and would also work with small portable laptops. Make it a 2-3 space rackmountable and able to connect to all laptops so I can get a small little laptop DJ portable case and I would definately get it.

13. fokof

Mar 16, 2007
    Here
    My guess is that it will be compatible with iPhone.
    From what I've read , the iPad is only the control surface , the processing is in the board so they could write an iPhone one.

Like A&H's iLive control :
    App Store - Allen & Heath iLive Tweak