1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Quilter bass amp!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mikeee71, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Mikeee71

Mikeee71 Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
  2. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Please! Tell me it has detents!

3. hennessybass

hennessybass Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    woof!!

JeroB666 and johnpbass like this.
  4. analogcabin

analogcabin Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Afton, VA
    It sounds like they are listening:
    • Variable speed quieter fan
    • Pre/Post line out
    • 4 Band EQ
    • Effect loop
    • Same price
    Looks like a winner

5. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Yay! This looks great. :)

6. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Bark! Oh, Snap!
    Looks very cool!

hennessybass likes this.
  7. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Where are these being sold? How much?

joemer likes this.
  8. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    Sweetwater has it at $699.

9. peteratquilter

peteratquilter Commercial User

Nov 9, 2017
    Quilter Labs
    Alright, it's live. You guys caught this one early! A while back I read through every page of the two Bass Block threads here and made a list of every recommendation here and we tried to do them all.

I'll be on the forum today to answer any questions you might have that aren't covered on the main product page. To answer the first few already in this or the other thread....

There are no detents.

Removal of the XLR out - So, one of the most common requests here was to use two combo Speakon / 1/4" speaker jacks which left no room for the XLR out on the back. We are encourage customers to build modular systems with our speaker cabinets and there just enough room to get that cable in and out of there in the BassDock 10. I actually leave the power cable plugged in too and tuck it in the port before slipping the cover over. It makes for a mighty little pair! The line out on the front of the amp is easily accessible and will provide signal across a TS or TRS cable to DI box. If you're on a gig and they only have an XLR for you just keep one of those little adapters on hand.

We're really excited about this amp. Pat is particularly excited about the lower noise floor. He worked really hard on that and is proud of the result.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
    Peter

10. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    :crying:

No detents…

Jim Carr and bdplaid like this.
  11. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ

Gabaghoul, bdplaid and Agosix like this.
  12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Any idea how many were using the XLR line in? Seems like it would've made more sense to lose that than the XLR out which is standard on most bass heads. For obvious reasons.

Why the change to conventional tone controls?

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    Max Bogosity, BrBss, MrLenny1 and 7 others like this.
  13. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    because complainers. i personally love the uniqueness of the 800's tone controls. they made it truly stand out. now its in the category of countless other amps. i hope the 800 is going to remain in production

14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    That's what I was thinking too. That's a shame if a great idea went by the wayside because of that.

dralionux likes this.
  15. Frankie Fender

Frankie Fender Supporting Member

New to this product line. Why an XLR in? I find the XLR out to be indispensable.

BrBss, Mvilmany, wizard65 and 3 others like this.
  16. burnunit

burnunit obsolete

Nov 17, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    Love my 800

17. Low Down Brown

Low Down Brown Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Erf
    Looks like a little beast!

Love my BB800...wouldn't mind holding on to a BB802 for a while :drool:

18. arbiterusa

arbiterusa

Sep 24, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Godsend as far as I'm concerned. I went through not one but two Quilters. I'm a longtime QSC power amp user and could get an amazing sound out of the original Bass Block, but you brought that amp into a problematic room and there was nowhere to go with it.

Gotta go check the site now and see where the EQ points are, but this is a VERY welcome development.

19. Bret Sparks

Bret Sparks

Feb 27, 2018
    Osceola Ar
    I have had my bass block 880 for a couple of months, l love the tone control and the overall performance, the lack of control on the line out is a bit aggravating, i believe ill be selling that one soon! I like the setup here

20. Same here. They probably figured the unconventional EQ controls scared potential customers away, but I agree with you : For me, the 2-knob solution was mind-blowingly efficient and easy to dial in. They added stuff I don't use (effects loop) and removed stuff I need (XLR out). Oh well...I'm perfectly happy with my 800, so I wasn't going to upgrade anyway.

Brad Johnson, FRoss6788, Xad and 4 others like this.