Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new rack setup hopefully

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by skunkrawk, Dec 9, 2003.

1. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    im hoping to piece together a beastly yet cheap rig consisting of a furman pl+ power conditioner, a korg dtr-2 tuner, a tech 21 sansamp rbi preamp, and a crown ce-1000 power amp. thatd be to start out with, more would be added, i cant buy anything till i seel my eden and swr combos (theyre in the for sale section) do you guys think that its a good setup? if i went the used route itd only cost like 500, then id run in through an avatar 212 (with deltas) and an avatar 210 (4 ohm cabs) thanks! let me know what you think, -dave

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

<b>Be sure to get the revised model of the CE-1000("a" series I think) if you go that route. I had one for a while, it worked pretty well for bass.</b>

3. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I'm doing something fairly similar except i'm getting a Carvin DCM 2000. Still plan on getting the Avatar Cabs. I use a little korg CA30 Pocket tuner, eventually i will get a power conditioner. Look used for a rack and i highly recommend a Gator w/wheels. I bought one off of G4string and think it will be great as i won't have to lug all that weight around in my arms. Used is our friend. That's all

4. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    youre sure right about that, i think all of my setup right now was stuff bought used in brand new condition, ive saved over $2000 buying used, which is important because i get paid minimum wage at work since im only 15, but then again i dont have to worry about rent/bills for another few years which is why i have room to buy bass stuff. thanks for your reply! anyone else?