Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Show Your Warwick!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Mar 14, 2005.

1. Since the old "Show Your Warwick" thread is pretty old, and I love Warwicks, and the sound I have heard coming from them, I wanted to start a new one.

I don't have a Warwick, but wouldnt be reluctant to own any of the following, or a Streamer Stage 2 5 or a Bleached Blonde Thumb 5.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 6 string demon

6 string demon

Mar 23, 2003
    This is my 1990 6 string warwick thumb. but it wont be mine for much longer as its up for sale. going to miss the figuring.

[​IMG]

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    [​IMG]

My thumb NT 4

4. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    [​IMG]

5. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    [​IMG]

6. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    Hopefully, I'll have a Thumb 4 Neck-Thru soon that I can take a picture of too...

7. That vampyre is gorgeous. I love the inlays.

8. RedVampyre

RedVampyre

Jan 10, 2005
    Alabama, USA
    Thanks! I love everything about that bass... :)

9. Very nice! Does anyone have some sound clips?

Also, has anyone seen or have a pic of a Honeyburst Violin colored Warwick?

10. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    I hope to soon own a Warwick FNA Jazzman. I'm having a hard time deciding on the color, I think I want it to be nirvana transparent or possibly Ocean blue transparent. I'll most likely get something similar to Honey Violin......mhmmmm the possibilities :)

Ya Warwick! :bassist:

11. StarchMan

StarchMan

Jul 30, 2003
    Here you go, my honey violin high gloss finish Warwick Streamer LX 4.

Attached Files:

12. smakbass

smakbass Smakkin basses for 25 years..

Aug 6, 2002
    Vancouver Canada
    1990 Streamer Trans black with EMG's

Attached Files:

13. I know we got more Warwicks than this!

14. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    This thread will be the end of me....I've been GASing for a Warwick ever since I saw Munki's Thumb, and Zender's Streamers...

Anyone know where I can pick up a Streamer Proline/LX with Jazz pickups?

15. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Man I can't take it anymore! I need to see Ocean Blue, and Burgundy Red high polish Corvette FNA Jazzman's... or even just FNA Jazzmans someone feed me :(

16. what an odd view :) just a corvette...

Attached Files:

17. Hofbrauhaus

Hofbrauhaus

Feb 10, 2002
    Upton, MA
    Here's my Streamer LX5 that I sold TODAY for MUCH lower than I wanted to....$800 :crying: But the poor college kid needed the money...but my Stingray5 plays better and sounds better (IMO) anyway!

Also you requested clips...here's a link to some clips I have of me playing with the college big band here...it's a live recording that was recorded by mic onto minidisc. I'm really a sax player so dont make fun of my playing :p One link is for the Warwick (strung with TI-flats)...the other link is a funk tune I did with the band on my Stingray5.

http://www.gettysburg.edu/~hesswi01/The Basses/ (Pics of the LX5)

http://www.gettysburg.edu/~hesswi01/GBurg Jazz - Warwick with TI-flats/ (Warwick with Flats)
    http://www.gettysburg.edu/~hesswi01/GBurg Jazz - Stingray5 with Stainless Slinkies/ (SR5 with Slinkies)

18. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    :D Mine!

[​IMG]

19. nismaniac

nismaniac

Feb 21, 2005
    OKC, OK
    Here's my 97? Corvette standard 6. I added the Seymour Duncan Basslines 3 band tone circuit so I would have midrange control. As you all know, the Bubinga/Wenge is heavy, so this bass doesn't see as much live time anymore, but it is the most consistent for recording. No dead spots and perfect string to string balance all over the neck. This was my first nice bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]