1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to Warwick, Rockbass Corvette V ??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrLowEnd75, Sep 5, 2017.

1. I've used the RB for the country stuff before and it actually does pretty good. Palm-mute and bump it with my thumb for the old flatwound Precision stuff, maybe roll off the treble a bit also. I'll also go higher up the neck and play over on the B-string to get a thicker sound. I don't do much funk or jazz, but I actually prefer the Jazz for those rare instances. I've got the wider P-neck on it, so it's a lot more forgiving with the wider string spacing. It also has a nice middy honk with the tapewound strings on it. The RB has a very distinct mid-growl, especially when the amp pre is pushed and/or you get aggressive with the right hand. Not bad, just different.

UNICORN BASS likes this.
  2. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    I use mine in a cover set that includes 'Songbird' (Fleetwood Mac), 'Stop!' (Sam Brown), 'All Cried Out' (Alison Moyet), 'Valentine Blues' (Sam Brown /Jools Holland), 'Chains' (Tina Arena) and 'Will You' (Hazell O'Connor), so I think it's fair to say its not restricted to rock!

MrLowEnd75 likes this.
  3. MrLowEnd75

MrLowEnd75

Jul 19, 2017
    Well I guess that answers that !

SteveCS likes this.
  4. MrLowEnd75

MrLowEnd75

Jul 19, 2017
    Have done some more tweaking tonight with bridge, the Jusr a Nut III, spacing and pickup height and am dialing it in slowly but surely. I'll take this opportunity to also plug DR Black Beauty strings. I've always played DRs but only recently discovered these. they bought so much life to this bass I love em!

Aaron Mc likes this.
  5. SteveCS

SteveCS

Nov 19, 2014
    Hampshire, UK
    Well it's just my $0.02, and it has to be said that some of the sax licks in the Hazell O'Connor tune translate really well on the fretless 'wick, No sense of brash or unruly behaviour anywhere (unless I ask for it), but I can't speak for the fretted variety...

MrLowEnd75 likes this.
  6. UNICORN BASS

UNICORN BASS

Feb 10, 2016
    Michigan USA
    + 1 on the black beauties, i have used them since day one on my Dearmond Pilot Pro.