1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new... van day!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by southshoreconor, Sep 10, 2008.

1. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    Endorsing Artist: Fender Musical Instruments, SIT strings
    so my band has been traveling around the country in a 1994 gmc conversion van for the past two years. put about 80,000 miles on the thing. lately we've/i've (as i do 90% of the driving) been getting the feeling that it's getting too old to haul our heavy trailer around north america any more. so after our last show we talked about it and agreed that with the amount of touring we have coming up, it would be better to put our money towards a reliable vehicle rather than the poor gas mileage and inevitable repairs. so i checked on craigslist and immediately found this gem. 2003 Chevy Express 3500. 70k. we should be able to put 250-300k on this one with minimal troubles.

scan001023.
    the good times

scan001018.
    and the bad.

[​IMG]
    our new home away from home

2. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    man, thats mad, living the dream, traveling the Americas with the van. Awesome. Whats happening to the old van...some kind of funeral service?

3. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    probably sell it cheap to a local band that won't need to haul the trailer around with them. its a comfortable van, certainly not pretty enough for a family to vacation in.

4. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst

Jun 4, 2008
    sick, well good luck with the new van, hopefully its up to the job. And if you ever tour Australia in the future; Please stop by Cairns, we're starved of punk here.

5. southshoreconor

southshoreconor

Oct 30, 2007
    The Road
    photo.

zombie thread. sold this van today. 339,500 miles on the clock. served us well.