1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newb to here, not to bass.

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Wilky, May 1, 2006.

1. Hello all,
    My name is Chad and I'm a Bassaholic. (*all* "Hello Chad.") I have been out of music in general for a while, other than beating on my $200 campfire acoustic guitar, for about 4 years.
    Anyhow, I joined a new church and they wanted to know if I had any special skills. I told them "no, but I love to attempt to play." Every since I played that first time with the band, although it was choppy and awkward, the bug has bitten me. I sold my Yamaha bass I was using (that I had since I was 17 - 25 now) and found a good internet deal on a Warwick Corvette standard 5.
    This new Warwick is a huge monetary commitment for me, but I really wanted a quality guitar with active electronics and 5 strings. I intend to spend countless hours honing my skill with my new axe and wiling away the hours on here getting help from far more experienced players and techs. I am glad to be here, and any feedback anyone can give me on the corvette 5 will be greatly appreciated.

Quick questions:
    1. I have heard that the corvette (and other Warwicks) doesn't play all that well until you set it up properly. What has everyone done to theirs to bring it into the zone?
    2. Where is a good location to find finger and scale exercises to keep me on my toes?:bassist: