1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

newbie here,just purchased markbass ta501

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tomeigh, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Tomeigh

Tomeigh

Feb 20, 2008
    long island n.y
    just wondering whats your take on this amp?i luv it.i've been a faithful gk800 user for 21 yrs,your best 80's metal sound.starting to branch out my tone.

2. I've only played it a couple of times at Guitar Center, but I love it. It's got such a hi-fi clean and punchy tone that really cuts through. I love my Mesa just as much as anyone, but those Markbasses are some sweet amps, and I totally dig the yellow and black scheme.

3. The MarkBass gear has "generally" been received very well inh the bass world. I use Ampeg gear for gigs but carry a 1X12 Markbass combo for rehearsals and "smaller" jobs.

I currently am contemplating trading in the Ampeg gear and replacing it with Markbass......there you go....and it took a while for me to come to that realization!

4. Tomeigh

Tomeigh

Feb 20, 2008
    long island n.y
    My gk800 served me well for 21 yrs.Still dig it, but i needed way more.Gigging a retro band on long island.Chuck berry to foo fighters.