1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NFL 2017 Week #14

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Dec 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Packers/Browns

Pack should take this one then Rodgers is eligible to comeback in week 15, but will he? Hoping Hundley can have just enough to get the Pack over the hump and keep slim to non playoff hopes alive

2. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Steelers lose a close one to the Ravens. Then the following week, they get thumped by the Patriots, thereby assuring that IF they win any playoff games, they'll eventually have to go TO New England again rather than host them. (Sorry for jumping ahead, but that's how I think it'll play out. Of course I HOPE I'm wrong...)

3. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Seahawks at Jaguars. After this past weekend, I don't know what to think. Rumors of the Seahawk defense's demise were apparently premature. They seem to have found some semblance of an offensive line, although I'm not sure it's more than a semblance. On paper, the two teams appear to be evenly matched. Both lost to the Titans. What does that say? Probably nothing, but I'm going with it. They are evenly matched.

4. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Personally I hope the Waterducks kick the crap out of the Hags :)

5. J-E-T-S have at Denver like Great Whites have at a dead bloated whale afloat in the sea.

Maybe Denver can serve some useful purpose and help NYJ snag a wildcard.

6. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    I can root for my Giants again! Yeah! (I guess.)

7. Funky Ghost

I'd wait until they start Davis Webb. Then you might be assured they are serious about the future. They know what they have in Eli. The #22 QB in the league 2 years running. The season is a wash. They need to see what they have, if anything, in the Kid. 4 games to get a clear idea for the future GM and head coach to make at least a semblance of an informed decision during the off season. If I was them I would trade OBJ while his stock is high and fully buy in to the rebuild status.

8. ptg

ptg

Mar 16, 2008
    OBJ is a tough one. I'd keep him if someone can fix his head. But he's a heck of a player.

Funky Ghost likes this.
  9. Funky Ghost

He is, but if the Giants are in rebuild mode they need assets not superstars who can't be utilized correctly. It took the Titans 2 years to go from .500 or less to a team that looks to be approaching relevance. The got the big uglies first then went and got a QB. Smart moves. The Jags spent forever stockpiling first round talent and it finally looks like its paying off too because they brought in the coaches and office personnel who know how to use it.

The Giants could do that too, should do that too, they have a market that vets like and an owner who is used to being competitive. All great things.

I keep saying this to my brother, a long time Giants fan. I feel your pain :D

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Steelers beat the Ravens.

-Mike

11. D M C

D M C Oh good god, this again? Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2015
    North America, Earth
    On the threshold of a verge on the brink.
    This is playing right into the hands of the Browns. Little do the Packers suspect that this is what the Clevelands were planning all along by starting zero and twelve and luring the Green Bays into a sense of complacency.

Bwa-ha-ha-ha!!!!

Gaolee and GregC like this.
  12. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    somehow I strangely agree!

D M C likes this.
  13. twelvetrombones

twelvetrombones Martian Ambassador Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Portland, OR
    I hope not, but you are probably right.

14. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The two prizes from the draft face off in LA.
    Who is everyone taking?
    I wonder if Hue Jackson and the Browns front office staff will run home after their game to see what they missed out on.

-Mike

15. Gaolee

The big question - will they run home to study hard and ensure that they make the same kinds of mistakes again in the future (magic 8-ball says yep).

D M C and MJ5150 like this.
  16. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Cleveland has shown a special kind of ineptness when it comes to the draft.
    It shocks me how inept they are. With the kind of data available today, even people like you and me can make logical draft picks.

-Mike

17. Gaolee

I dunno about that. There might be too many draft picks to choose from.
    craft_beer_taps.

Of course, we already know Cleveland would pick Bud Lite and wonder why it tastes like yellow water.

Jeff K and GregC like this.
  18. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I'll take Mama's Little Yella Pils from those choices I can see.

-Mike

Gaolee likes this.
  19. Gaolee

We already know Cleveland would pass on that one and let San Francisco have it.

MJ5150 likes this.
  20. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    d21290e890b1de6ae5e0b8c3f98134a7--pitsburgh-steelers-steelers-stuff.

3bfd22502026d55088d3956ad67a23c6.

JLY likes this.