NFL Playoffs are here!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 1, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Pittsburgh is heading back to Cincinnati for the Wild Card game. Not the best situation, but I'd rather have that than a game against the stinkin' Patriots who always seem to beat Pittsburgh when it matters. :)

I like Polamalu's attitude. He said this regarding playing Cincy or New England: "It didn't make any difference to me who we play. We have unfinished business with both of them."

So, step right up and lay out your playoff thoughts. For those who's teams are watching, get on a bandwagon. :) :)

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Why Jon??? Why????

Don't make me wish bad thoughts about you guys against Jacksonville.

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Oh, I can't wait! :hyper:

My pics are in blue.
    Saturday, January 7
    4:30 p.m. on ABC -- Washington (10-6) at Tampa Bay (11-5)
    8:00 p.m. on ABC -- Jacksonville (12-4) at New England (10-6)

Sunday, January 8
    1:00 p.m. on FOX -- Carolina (11-5) at N.Y. Giants (11-5)
    4:30 p.m. on CBS -- Pittsburgh (11-5) at Cincinnati (11-5)
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I'm liking Tampa right about now. I agree with you on the others Kelly. Well, unless Pacman keeps throwing up oversize pictures of the Patriots logo, then I'll go for the Jags. :D

6. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Cincy > Pit
    Washington > TB
    Carolina > NY
    Jags > NE

Teams that will not do anything when their turn comes: Denver and Chicago.

Super Bowl 40 - Indy vs. Washington
  7. Why so much hating on my team broseph? :D

Trash talk all you want. Ill be glad to throw in my 20$ just so I can make your picture after losing our bet my avatar.
  8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Wow. :eek: :) I think that could happen, and I sure as heck am hoping that'll happen! But the Skins will have to win 3 road games to get there, so it won't be easy.
  9. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

And yes, of course I'm delighted about my team... the same team whom Sports Illustrated picked to go 4-12. :D It's been a rollercoaster of a season. After a 3 game losing streak resulted in a record of 5-6 it looked like we were out of it, but we won the last 5 games (gotta love Joe Gibbs in December) and earned our way in. :hyper:

Even if we lose in the 1st round, we still punked Dallas twice (on national teevee each time) so it's a successful season. But I'll still be rooting like a madman, one game at a time. Can't wait for Saturday's rematch with the Bucs!
  10. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    After watching the bears throw away their best defense of the year and lowest points scored against, I might rout against them. Lovie might be coach of the year but I think that was just wrong. I think he broke some of his defensive players hearts by playing 2nd and 3rd string players 95% of the game. Hopefully I'll be eating crow mid Jan. , but I don't think so. At least they could have said they had the best defense last year.
  11. We'd be yelling at Lovie for killing our super Bowl chances if Urlacher and Rex got hurt. :rollno: Give him a break, dude. Playoffs = first priority

btw 1/3 of the teams in the playoffs are coming in with a loss. Many others are coming in having lost late season momentum like the Colts. I can't remember a season where so many teams came in with lost momentum.

Most of the teams that lost are the big contenders. Lower seeds like Pitt and Tampa are coming in hot. This will be a weird playoff season.
  12. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

i'd take NE over jax. and although i'd like to see tampa win, washington has picked up a lot of steam recently... :meh:
  13. Why will Denver and Chicago do nothing? Because you see the future? Or because you don't like them... :D
  14. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

yeah, i'd think that the bears will go all the way to the nfc championship, at the least!
  15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Way too much hype over a good defense with one of the easiest schedules in the league.

About the Broncos, that is just trash-talk plain and simple.
  16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    what Pac said.
  17. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Bold predictions...
  18. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Talk is cheap, bro! But why not?

Squabs vs. Pats, or possibly Bangles. :eyebrow: