Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NFL Week 3 Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 18, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    OK. I get the joke. 0-2. Ouch! Funny thing is, we're only 1 game out of the lead in the weak "Norris" division. A week of upsets. Cleveland played great. My Pack couldn't take advantage of opportunity. Favre is stinking it up, but so is Culpepper x 10.

Packers < Buccaneers

2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    NOBODY's gonna beat the Lions this week. And I can gare-un-damn-tee that, ummmkay?

(yeah, it's a Bye-Week) :help: :help: :help:

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Big Ben continues undefeated as a starting QB in the regular season. It looks like the defense is even better this year than last. I guess we'll see for sure when they play a potent offense next week. The Titans and Texans are hardly offensive powerhouses. Although New England did look rather weak today against the Panthers.

I was sad to see Kendrell Bell leave for the Chiefs but it looks like it doesn't matter. Plus, he isn't doing much as I sit here watching the Chiefs play the Raiders.

-Mike

4. New England has a really crappy schedule for the next couple of weeks. The scheduler possibly doesn't like them? Steelers > Pats

5. It's definitely nice to see the Steelers go on the road and dominate. The Texans may not be a great team (or even a good one) but they have beaten the Steelers before. Ben looked quite impressive today. Next week's game is going to be sweet.

And nice call on the Seahawks game, Mike.

6. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    You've got that right.

The pack is shaping up to be the joke of the nfc. Poor Bret....last year?

7. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Well, we've still got two games left for Week 2!!!

...however, I'll bite (and keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow at 7:30 eastern!)

Hmm...let's see....Saints at Viqueens....

...do I REALLY need to pick this one? The real question is - Can the Viqueens maintain their perfect record for the entire season?

:hyper:

Saints 38 Viqueens 13

GEAUX SAINTS!

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
  9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

Week 2 isn't over yet.

10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA

Man, you REALLY need to put the crackpipe down...

;)

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, a win on the road is a good thing in the NFL no matter who you are playing.

Thanks for that. I think the Falcons are overrated anyway. Having to travel out to the Northwest after a short week contributed to it. The distraction of Mora coming home to where he played high school and college ball didn't help either.

After watching the Monday night boys rave on and on about the almighty Patrick Kearney last week, it was awesome to see Walter Jones demolish him. I don't think he made a play all day. Same with Steve Hutchinson erasing Rod Coleman who led all DT's in the NFL in sacks last season.

-Mike

12. Knavery

Knavery

Feb 24, 2004
    Denver, CO
    Admit it... You're a closet Vikings fan. I was utterly disgusted with today's performance. How many fumbles and pick-offs was Dante responsible for? 5,000,000? Yeah, that's about right.

13. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Well my Raiders lost again, -just as I predicted.

Philly next week; great, 0-3.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    ...I notice you didn't argue with my prediction...smart...

:D

I was nice, I could have predicted how many interceptions and fumbles Daunte (he's your home team QB, you should learn to spell his name correctly! ;) ) be responsible for next week...

:eek:

...oh, and for the record, I've hated the Viqueens since the 70's, and being in a band with a guitarist that bled purple just reinforced it...

:spit:

...we will pay you back for the playoff ignominy you have caused us, starting this coming weekend.

:bassist:

15. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I can't believe a bigger joke than the Vikings. We lost both games , but they were relatively close. Vikings have gotten absolutely BLOWN out in their two games. Pack was picked to finish anywhere from last to 2nd. Vikings were picked to win the Division. Lots of football left, but the Pack is hardly seen as the "joke" of the division....yet.

16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    As much as I hate to do this, I agree, I wouldn't count the Pack as "down and out" just yet...but one can hope!!!

;)

...on the other hand, man, the Viqueens appear to be earning our nickname for them, they got ROLLED by Cincy yesterday....it was a beautiful thing!

:D

17. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Bengals 28 - 17 over the Bears. May have a let down, being an away game, but that didnt stop them in the dog pound.

This revitalization of the Bengals isnt just a 1 or 2 game fluke... this is a transition which began last year, & still continues.

18. Ray-man

Ray-man Guest

Sep 10, 2005
    Both Packers and Vikings fans are having the time of their lives right now - watching the other team.

19. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    Let me say that Da Bears will win 17-10. That D is going to shake the Bengals up.

20. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000

I think it will be a low scoring game, Bears win 10-7

The Bears D is looking great this year. . . .

Although, Cincy is coming together as a team. They made some great additions to their defense in the offseason and have more than a few weapons on their offense.