1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week #4

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 22, 2008.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Packers rebound against a strong Bucs team, in overtime

Pack 27
    Bucs 24

2. Dallas, at home, against the 'Skins?

Dallas 34
    Redskins 21

3. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Packers 30
    Bucs 20

4. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    I hope Dallas can put a whipping on the Scab Skins. Santana Moss is one of the most elusive WRs in the league, he has a way of getting open and the dude is extremely fast with soft hands. He pretty much did Dallas in last year single handidly. If the Boys can keep him in check, they will wear the Skins down just like they did the Packers.

T.O. should have a better game this week.

5. I'll go "whole hog" on Friday with jazzbo, but for "my" game, I'll jump in now:

SF 17
    NO 31

No way the 9ers will come away with a win in the 'Dome against a Saints team that is P!$$ED off about losing to Denver last week. The frustration of the last two losses will be dropped squarely on the heads of the 9ers....may be an even bigger blowout, if the D gets back to 100% healthy.

6. dallas will beat the skins, go to 4-0

7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Well, the Colts can't lose this week! (bye week) :cool:

8. Rich L

Rich L

May 17, 2006
    Ft Myers, FL
    Bucs-27
    Packers-10

Mr. Rodgers, welcome to our neighborhood...meet the Tampa Bay defense! :D

9. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Considering the beating that they got from the Raiders...

KC is going down.

10. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I don't even know who the Chargers play in week 4 yet...I can't think past tonight's game...

11. hey

hey

Jul 8, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Tampa's pitiful defense barely held off the Bears. In fact, both Tampa Bay's and Green Bay's defense are pretty lackluster.

12. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I agree IF Bigby and Al Harris are back. If not, my beloved Packers may be in trouble.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    We got the Ravens on Monday night, and we're gonna beat 'em. Granted, it may be with Leftwich under center, but we got this.

-Mike

14. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Well crap. I just read Harris may be out for the season with a ruptured spleen.

15. ...man, lotsa injuries to deal with...sorry Cheezy and Mike...

...join the club, we have SIX guys out right now...SIX STARTERS...

:eek:

...and we still damn near won in Denver yesterday...

:meh:

...give us two starters back, and a rematch, betcha it's a different outcome...

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    NO WAY!?

That took out one of our guys last year, Ryan Clark. But he is back now, and seems to be fully recovered. I really like Al Harris, so I truly hope he is alright. I still have a pic of him returning the Hasselback INT for a TD from the playoff game a few years ago. I show it to the Scoobyhawk fans when they get too rowdy around here.

As for ruptured spleens....I believe that pretty much ruined whatever was left of Chris Simm's career. I may be wrong on that though.

-Mike

17. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Damn..pretty much confirmed on the JSOnline Packer blog.

That's a BIG injury. Al Harris is a good cover guy, but he's also kind of "the spirit" of the defense. He's not afraid to take on anyone and although he's had a few meltdowns. (TO and Plax come to mind), he's usually good for just about taking a teams #1 receiver out of the game. Right Roy Williams? I'm always amazed at how a guy that is barely 6-0 and about 185 pounds matches up with all these 6-4 220 lbs recievers and does mostly OK.

Well, it's time for Tramon Williams to step up.

18. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Young guns going to have to step it up for the Pack. Good news is a spleen can be removed, but if he's to play next year, better do it sooner than later.

19. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I didn't even know the season started.

Hearing people talk football at work I wonder if they just repeat what they hear on ESPN or really know what's best for a football team.

20. Hmmmm... Carolina is going to be a good opponent.

GO FALCONS!!