Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NHL Playoff Race!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Masamax, Mar 21, 2004.

1. So what does everyone think of the playoff races? In the east as usual all the excitment is in the top 3 as several teams are in the hunt for divisional titles. In the west things are looking locked up except for South west. The race is for the final 2 spots between 4 teams. Nashville won tonight putting them in 7th place with 7 games left. Los angeles has lost all momentum and is sliding hard. St. Louis is maintaining a fair pace to stay in the hunt. The Oilers are right now only like 3 points out with 8 games left and haven't lost in regulation in their last 10 games. LA and the Oil play twice in the next week and a half, so things are gonna get interesting.

What does everyone think? I am rooting for the Oil of course! :)

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Prior to yesterday's win over the hapless Rangers, my Flyers were seeded 3rd in the East...since it's 1 vs. 8; 2 vs. 7; 3 vs. 6; 4 vs. 5-
    My eyes scrolled quickly down to the 6th seed.
    Damn, it's Jersey.

Currently, my boyz are #2(after yesterday's win thus sending the Rangers to the golf course).
    Anyway, IMO, everyone in the East wants the #1 seed in order to play the Isles. Be careful what you wish for...I've seen too many #8 seeds take out many #1s!
    ;)

3. Devils win and if they don't they still win because I said so.

4. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001

:confused: :spit:

5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    Exactly

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    You Joisey guys are both spoiled & greedy!

7. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Thornton, Raycroft, Samsonov, Gonchar, Nylander, Murray, Lapointe, Slegr......I could go on and on. Black and gold all the way. :bassist:

8. I.M. Fletcher

I.M. Fletcher

Feb 18, 2004
    Maryland
    I'm a Caps fan. (done laughing,yet?) Ok. So I guess I would like to see Boston do well. I like Nylander and Gonchar.

9. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Ahem... Sundin, Mogilny, Nolan, Roberts, Nieuwendyk, Francis, Leetch, McCabe, Belfour.

Blue and White all the way! The mayor of Ottawa (who is trying to bar all Leafs fans from the Corel Centre) can go jump off a cliff! :smug:

10. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Let's see. . . . . Yzerman, Hull, Shanahan, Lidstrom, Hatcher, Chelios, Schneider, Lang, etc. :meh:

Talent runs deep on this team! Depth=key to playoff victories.

11. jucas

jucas

Dec 14, 2003
    Alberta
    Definately going for the Oilers. Hoping for a Flames versus Oilers series. That'd be well worth watching.

12. I just got home from the Kings Oilers game.

At least Luc became the highest scoring left wing in NHL history.

Now if we could just make the playoffs.....

:bawl:

13. Isles all the way. If not, at least we finshed better than the Rangers.

here's a math problem:

Bure+Jagr+Lindros+Kovalev=......Nothing! HAHAHA!

I say we just get rid of the rangers, then take all their players salaries for next season and buy a small European country. Maybe Sweden or the Chech Republic. They both have a good output of hockey talent and quality bass products and this would make both these resources more readily available to the U.S. (Just a thought).

14. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The Rangers have been the money pit in the middle of Manhattan, haven't they? What's this, six or seven straight seasons of missing the playoffs despite having the highest payroll in the league?

The Rangers are like a rotisserie league team--full of superstars--but they lack a good team chemistry, and so they keep getting outworked by their opponents.

Did you see the movie Miracle? Aside from the on-ice action, one of my favorite scenes was when Herb Brooks met with the USA Hockey officials and told them we wasn't going to just assemble the best collegiate players--he was going to invite the players whom he thought would make up a great team.

I thought Slats would've had a good grasp of what constitutes team chemistry from his years coaching in Edmonton, but he seemed to forget it when he arrived in New York and just continued in the mindless free-spending, money-is-no-object way of his predecessors.

The Islanders built their championship teams of the early 80s by never trading away any draft picks. I wonder if any team's GM would try that strategy today? ;)

15. FunkyDom

FunkyDom

Aug 31, 2002
    Leafs all the way. They've got depth, talent and heart. No other team has as much experience as they do. I think it was 9 former captains they now have on their team. Who can top that?

16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

17. If things continue as they are going, it may be a 3-6 Dallas-Oilers series again! Damnit! ;)

18. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada

We better win :bassist:

19. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
  20. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK

Sorry bud:] Sharks will spank dallas on sunday! yes they will... they will i tell you! and then look out avalanche and wings:p

Go Sharks i tell you go sharks

:bag: