nice compliment

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    After our little improv show last night this older guy came up to shake my hand and say that he really liked my bass tone. I didn't think much of it but our keyboard guy was all smiles... afterwards he said it was Denny Morouse. That didn't ring any bells for me and he had to explain that he was the band leader and sax man for Stevie Wonder on many occasions! Just patting myself on the back, hehe. I was playing my Sadowsky through the tone monster that is the Roland Cube Bass 30 (on the 360 setting), haha.
  2. That kicks so much ass.
    2 questions:
    1-What kind of music did you play?

2-Who's in your avatar? It looks like a guy from Testament (one of my favorite metal bands) but I don't think it's him.
  3. steve21

steve21 Banned

^ That's Bill Hicks, dude.
  4. Oh. I did a quick google search and found out he's a comedian.....never heard of him though.
  5. steve21

steve21 Banned

He died in about '94.

He was an amazing comedian, and a true social commentator as well.

Great guy, very insightful kinda comedian, who also has some of the funniest stuff you'll ever hear.
  6. Haha. The "360 setting"

I'll be using that from now on. ;)
  7. oathbass462

oathbass462 Guest

Dec 27, 2005
    bill hicks was a genius.

he's the guy who came up with it's all funny until someone gets hurt, then it hilarious.

Tool also has a recording of him at the beginning of Third Eye
  8. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Riff-finder General Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2005
    Springfield, MA
    "I think drugs have done good things for us, I really do, and if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? RrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrEAL ****ing high on drugs."

And I didn't know Bill Hicks came up with the "It's funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious."
  9. Also came up with the Arizona Bay thing referenced in Ænima by Tool....
  10. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    I guess Denis Leary was influenced by Bill Hicks, IIRC. Same type comedy, except Hicks is way funnier. :)

11. willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    If influenced= stole a dead man's act then yeah dennis leary was "influenced" by bill hicks.learys first HBO special was basically a "best of bill hicks"
  12. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    Wow, third eye is definitely one of my favorite songs. Nice to know where all of that comes from.