1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Not Again!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by lawsonman, Dec 21, 2006.

1. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Sports writers are already pondering if Brett Farve will be back next year.WHO CARES! We had to listen and read about it last year and now it's starting again.Even though I'm a Big Bears fan I like Farve but enough is enough.Go back to Mississippi and mow your yard.You've had a good run but even most packer fans are sick of the drama the media trying to make a story of about rather he's coming back.

2. disenchant

disenchant You can't plagiarize yourself.

Aug 9, 2006
    Elgin, IL
    I think Farve is done. He even looks really old and haggard compared to how he used to look. Maybe it's the unshaven look he's adopted.

I can't wait to see the Bears crush the Packers...AGAIN!

That is...if Grossman keeps it up and the defense does their job better than they did that last quarter!

GO BEARS!

3. Hey at least it's only one player they're making predictions for!

In Australian AFL and in daily life during the season, I've had to endure Fremantle Dockers' management and fans bleat out the "we'll be there next year" mantra for close on 12 years...it gets quite tedious after about, oh...a week :D

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    We have a few lifelong Packers fans here. I'm going to wait and see what they say about this.

BTW, where are you hearing or reading this?

-Mike

5. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL

I live very close to the wisconsin border and I have a ton of Packer fans for customers. The smart ones are sick of it and the dumb ones want Farve back.;)

6. Neb Maro

Neb Maro I don't think, but I still am.

Oct 20, 2006
    So. Cali
    Even though I too think Favre's day is done, it would be really sad to see him go. He brings a lot to football and the Packers, IMO.

7. i don't think favre is done yet and i wouldn't consider myself "dumb" for thinking it. I think that Favre is just as good as he ever was, only now he has a lot of different players than he had in his heyday. Of course his stats are going to be different when he is throwing to Greg Jennings or Carlyle Holiday as opposed to when he used to throw to good receivers like Robert Brooks or Antonio Freeman. Granted Donald Driver is good, but he can't carry all the WRs. Favre used to have a great O-line to block for him, but now they have a few newer guys who just can't perform like a 10 year veteran.
    the only way it looks that favre is done is with the current team imo. I find it hard to believe that anyone who has been watching the packers see Favre as too old, when WRs and TEs don't know their routes, and the o-line at times can appear weak. Thats just my take on things.

8. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    He not only brings a lot to the packers, he IS the packers.It's not a real bright future for the packers when he leaves.