Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Not another band name thread

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Marley's Ghost, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Great Name

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  2. OK Name

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. Stupid Name

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  4. Taken already by another band

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Yes it is! Looks like we are going to use the name "Continuum" for our newly formed classic rock cover band. We play everthing from Floyd to B52's to Black Crowes.

2. Ben Jammin'

Ben Jammin' Guest

Jul 13, 2003
    Falmouth, Cornwall, UK
    sounds a sweet name - jaco wrote a song called that so it'll show everyone that ur primarily a bassist's band ;)
    what does anyone reckon of the name triple helix for a funk rock trio?

3. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks. I brought it up at practice today, and the drummer basically said it sucked. Then he suggested "Old School". Did I tell you I hate dummers? :spit: :help:

4. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Old School? How lame. Are you playing sterotypical hip-hop? Wow. That is one crappy band name. Almost as bad as Crazy Town, ot the band themselves. I like Continuum. I don't think a whole lot of people will connect the Jaco song and your band. Except us here.

5. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Continuum is actually a pretty cool name. Its got a cool "ring" to it. :) On the topic of band names though, what do you guys think of the name "Insomnia"? I don't know if it's taken or not. (Our band plays hard rock to metal music).

Thanks for any feedback! :ninja: :ninja:

6. Pirate

Pirate

Mar 6, 2004
    I think it's a cool name. Old School is an aweful name. You could probably come up with something cooler, but it's a good start.