nothin rong with PUNK bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MarztekMilita, Feb 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Why do i always hear people sayin that punk is the easist and lamest bass to play and learn
    thier are soooo many great bassist that have come out of that seen
    people just don't care to listen
    they play not to impress anyone or to have people spend hours just to figure out what they'r playin
    they play because its fun and out of pure energy and passion of the music that they helped creat with a band that will probly never see more than a a couple thousand dollars for thier music
    that stuff dosent matter to them
    not trying to say any other bassist are in for that reason
    im just trying to let people noe that punk is for the fun and hell of it to make a statement to all the people that mave something to say but with no outlet to say it

not for anyONE paticular bassist but for a whole scene/lifestyle/legion

........late dude
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    This thread is so not punk.
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    How about reading what you wrote before posting. Seriously, it's not that hard and would make my disdain for you significantly less.

Or better yet, do a search and find out what's been said in the past instead of coming here and assuming you know what you're talking about.

4. you worry me.... :scowl:
  5. incognito89x

incognito89x ♪♫♪ ♪ ♪ ♫&#983

Sep 22, 2002
    Royal Oak, Michigan
  6. it hasn't said 'oi' once.
  7. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Try to NOT type with your face next time... using your hands you usually type better.
    Also, no one has really ever said that there was anything wrong with punk bassists, just that their lines are typically simple and root notes only (which tends to be true in most cases).
    Annnnnnnnnd I agree that you should do a search.
    Annnnnnnnnd that this thread is SO un-punk. :p

8. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS

Feel better cupcake. :rolleyes:

I like a small amount of punk, but alot of it is filler (both real and pop punk). I think Josh Homme said it best in an interview, roughly; "Punk isn't about a look, I'm more punk than any biggest mohawk wearing person".

People who wear certain styles to fit a certain scene are definitely the antithesis of the true punk ideal.
  9. cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Who said Punks can't spell?!? ;) :p

Actually...punk "musicians" want you to think they play for the fun and energy. When in reality its the easy, cowards way out of not having to practice and get to pretend you're a real musician. Sorry.
  11. Eric Grossman

Eric Grossman

Nov 3, 2004
    St. Louis
    Endorsing Artist: Hipshot Products and SIT Strings
    Wrong! Mike Watt, Paul Simonson, Elvis Costello's Bassist(forgive me for not recalling his name), etc... are great players. I don't know you Mr. Wonder, but judging by your apparent ignorance, they most likely will be more influential to "musicians", than you'll ever be.

two words, spell check.
  12. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Let's not forget Klaus Flouride!
  13. Its quite easy and predictable to name few exceptions. Im talking about as a whole. Of course there are going to be good bassists in any genre...even punk.
  14. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    you are right..

Ther will always be exceptions but if you talk about the bunch...
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    REAL punks don't have the internet.
  16. Don't get me wrong I would never want to dismiss an entire genre of music (no matter how impertinent it seems.) To me anyway that particular genre of music caters to the lowest common denominator (as far as musicians go...NOT fans of punk...I want to stress that!) Sure punk can be a blast to listen to sometimes, but regarding the average musician making that music...lets just say travels the path of least resistance...
  17. The "oi" is implicit, surely??

:D :D :D :D :D :D
  18. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    You are correct.

...and posting on forum is so NOT punk.
  19. adam on bass

adam on bass Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2002
    New Braunfels, Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Spector, GK, EMG and D'Addario
    Are we talking real punk (late 70's-early 80's) or Avril Lavigne, Ashley Simpson, Good Charlotte punk? John Doe (X) was my favorite when I was a punker in the early 80's and is still one of my favorites, even though he's more of an actor now.

I don't recall to many punk bass bashings. This may result in a few though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.