1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NOW my rig's complete!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Foxworthy925, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    some of you may have seen me post a thread a week or two ago saying "my rig's finally complete", and then procede on to state my complaints about the rig's tone. we all decided that I needed to find a new amp. well, like any smart consumer would do:rolleyes: , I completely ignored the suggestions that I recieved and went my own route. $800 later, and I have the most amazing sounding rig that I've ever layed my hands upon. seriously, I could not be happier. it seems like every little problem I had with the tone of my hartke head was presented to Mesa/Boogie and fixed to just the way I want. I thought I knew what an amazing amp sounded like before, but I was just blown away by this head. mind blowing, earth shattering, reality warping magic is now at my fingertips. I can't wait to play this with my band at practice!

PS: ignore the crappy pics. it's 1:30 a.m. and the lighting's horrible in my room.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    the dark pics were my attempt at blindly holding the camera behind the amp in the dark with it's running, trying to take a pic of the glowing tubes. didn't work out too well. oh well.

I'm looking for a rack to toss this amp in (you know, one of those suspension, yada yada yada cases) so if anyone has one that they're selling...

oh, and my hartke 3500's going up on the butchers block soon. I'm gonna try and sell locally first, but if anyone here specifically wants it, I'll se what I can do.

3. xlows

xlows

Oct 21, 2006
    Minnesota
    Well congrats. Glad to hear you're happy.

4. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    Nice!!!

How's the match between the Avatar and the Mesa Cab?

5. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    nice rig man...

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Mesa Rules!

7. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    You think it's complete but it never will be. Haha. Just wait. You'll love the tone for a long time. Then you'll want to even out your tone and get a compressor. Then since you'll have a rack you'll throw a power conditioner in there... it's a never ending cycle, haha.

8. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    Just think if you replace the cabinets with a Mesa Powerhouse 1000 cab or an 8x10?!?!?!

Just trying to give you a complex. ;)

9. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    haha, yeah I agree that I'll never be completely satisfied and "finished" with my rig. there's always something I'll have gas for.
    now that I have this amazing amp, I probably will start browsing for cabs. oh, and especially now that I can run at 2 ohms! this wiped out most of my cash though, but it was worth every penny.

I actually like how these two cabs sound together. these two are my first and only cabs (not including the combo i have) so I don't really have anything to compare 'em too. but I am satisfied with how they sound together. it seems odd: there's probably like a 20 year age difference between the two.

10. Foxworthy925

Foxworthy925 Guest

Feb 24, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    :eyebrow:
    haha, it worked:D . hmmmm, I wonder.....

11. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    I bet I'd like that rig a lot, enjoy.