1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NV610 opportunity

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by walknbluez, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Saw a local sale of a Berg NV610 (non-tolex) for just under $600. Trying to see if it will fit in my SUV. The seats can't go down due to two kid seats. A 410 would be ideal size wise but this price seems crazy since I always see them for around $850 - $900. Am I crazy not to just jump on it?

2. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    You gotta be able to transport it. Of so, then yes. I'd jump on that. I love NV cabs (though I have the 412)

3. Might be able to put it in sideways and then put my amp in the front seat. I put a call into the guy but for all I know it may be gone already.

4. ninerfan

ninerfan

May 28, 2006
    North San Diego
    It is incredibly compact for a 610. For $600 you should be all over this. Mine is actually smaller than an Ampeg 410HLF I had.

5. It's actually $570. Measuring the back of my SUV, it may fit but doesn't leave room for much else.

6. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    My NV fit sideways in the back of a small crossover SUV with an SVT 2pro head and my bass. Surprising how compact it is for a pretty big cab.

7. It would definitely take getting used to considering I'm currently using an Avatar 212 with neo's. I was really looking for a 410 and just happened to see this one for sale.

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon. Supporting Member

Nice cab (actually, amazing cab!) but pretty big. Not Ampeg fridge big, but still a big footprint.

Great deal and I would buy it in a second if it fit into the vehicle.

Also, it may not sell that quickly. Remember, we on TB may love and rave about things like Bergantino, fEarful, etc... but it really is an Ampeg, Peavey, Traynor, Eden, SWR and Mesa world out there.

As an example, I bought a Modulus Quantum recently for under $900 and it was hanging on the wall of a popular music store for over 2 months! If it was a Fender it likely would have sold in a couple of days.

9. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    If it fits in your ride and you like the tight punchy tone of sealed 10's then DO IT!!!

I love mine. It's a big cab but not that huge.

10. niki z

niki z Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Mine is easier to move than my 410, and fits in the backseat of my 95 Honda! $570 is a steal.

11. metron

metron Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    I used to squeeze my nv610 into the backseat of my subaru wrx sedan. Small doors and small backseat but it fit fine. At that price i say buy it now.

12. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    My NV610 fits laying down across the back seats of my girlfriend's Pontiac Grand Am, and across the folded down back seats of my old Mustang.

It's much more portable than you'd think a 610 would be.

13. Alex1984

Alex1984

Jan 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Rat fur/tolex/duratex? Regardless, it's a great deal if there's no issues.

14. It's rat fur and the Bergantino logo in the upper left corner is missing.

15. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    That's actually a working description of mine. I haven't been my rehearsal space in a couple days.:eek:

16. hennessybass

hennessybass

Oct 11, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I fit one in the back seat of a Mazda Protege with no problem. -- sideways across the seats.

When I bought mine, I built a little cardboard mock-up first to make sure it would fit. It's a smaller cab than you think!

17. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    So did you get it?

18. Where is it located? I wanna buy it while you're mulling this over. :)

19. John, I'm going to take a look later this afternoon and see if it will fit and bring my amp and check it out.

LOL @ Steve. I know I should be all over this and I do have a tendency to mull...From what Baird said, it may not be that easy to resell on CL which is a concern if I get it and change my mind.

20. Update: The day before I posted this thread I had called him and told him I would come look at it the next day. He said the only other person interested was someone out of town but as of yet they hadn't come look at it. After my last post, I called to tell him I was on my way and he said that he had promised the person he would hold it for them until later in the week. If the sale falls through, I'm next on the list. I have a feeling it won't fall through though. So my search continues. These don't come around locally too often. I think I'm on to trying to find a good 410.