Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

onboard distortion...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BassMan257, Mar 19, 2006.

1. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
  2. hmm... maybe i should try something else... evidently its really easy to make these black ice things... you can pick up the parts for one for less than 5 bucks...

i figure if i double some up, or use a component that needs electricity, but provides more distortion, i could make it work...

or, i could just try to like, make a mini distortion pedal and put it in my bass somewhere... lol... i mean, heck, i could put one in an upper horn or something... that would be sick.. kinda like thos italia basses have some of the knobs up there...

any one else have an opinion?

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    It would be kinda cool if you took one of those mini Danelectro effects and took the guts out and put it in your bass, if you're really looking to do an out-there mod. You would have to do some routing, and maybe move the switch to a convenient location, but it would be neat to see.

4. well.. now that you mention it... I own one of those wierd danelectro minis... an octave distortion at that... but, its kinda messed up... and since danelectro is a gay company that wont back up its products, i have no clue where or how to get in contact with them... i would pay for the repars.. geez...

but yeah... im wondering if it would have enough low end anyways.... oh well... we might find out if i can fix it

ps. i would change the switch to a toggle... if possible that is

5. i almost did it with the pastrami overdrive, but then my ideas were distracted by those new line 6 modules, and how if you could get your hands on a base, you could somehow rig up a hole for the cartridge to fit in, and that way you could also change the modules too

6. funny you say that... i was just listening to sound bites!

I dont know... maybe i should keep the pedals outside, and let line 6 cover it...

but man... that delaypedal sounds soo goood.. as well as the tremolo... i want them so bad... to bad i dont have 250 to blow....