Opening the Envelope, a Poll!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Indi86, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Moog MF-101

2 vote(s)
  2. Chunk Systems Agent 00 Funk

2 vote(s)
  3. Pigtronix EP-1

9 vote(s)
  1. Alright guys: here it is. I'm finally getting an envelope filter to supercharge the funk, and I've narrowed it down to three. Knowing that up here in Ithaca I have no chance of trying any of these pedals, I've decided to let TB decided which one was the best choice. They all hover in a similar price bracket.

The Contenders for the 2005 Envelope Filter Category are:

1. The Moog MF-101
    2. The Chunk Systems Agent 00 Funk
    3. The Pigtronix EP-1

I'm open to other suggestions, although I'll be honest in saying I'll probably ignore them unless they are extremely well justified.
  2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I've never tried the 00Funk but I would like to test drive the Mark II. The Moog does not have a true bypass - don't know if you care or not. I love my EP-1 + it's a phaser too.
  3. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    If you get the moog, you need a loooper :)

I did like the Pigtronix - I think i might buy one.
  4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't give an opinion.
    I've never tried any of these.
    I guess it means there really rare. :)
    Hunting for the ultimate filter, I'd go with a good old Mu-Tron III.
  5. Well, I bought an EP-1 off of pedalgeeks. I'll let everyone know what I think when it gets here in a couple of days.
  6. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    I just received my EP-1 today. I have only played with it for a few minutes, but there is a lot in this pedal. I really like the filter so far, though I have no real use for the phaser section. Quite squelchy and adjustable.

I wasn't crazy about the Chunk, though it was the older model that I tried. Seemed to lose some bottom and also not that deep, rather, not able to get that pronounced filter sound. It was "squelchy" just not as much as I would like.

I tried the Moogerfooger years ago. Don't really remember much about it except that I didn't like it enough to buy it.

Hope this helps.