Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fatsobasso, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

My opinion is that the Musicians Friend staff wrote those reviews - either that or they were auditioned by the deaf!

BTW- I don't hate all Peavey gear but their amps and cabs suck!

Dan K.
  2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    Let's see ... cab's for similar dough used Aggie 112, Bag End S15D ... hmmm. Nope, the Peavey's a loser.
  3. fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    ok keep the opinions coming and tell me where i can find some used cabs like you mentioned?
  4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    You can find them all over this forum. Check the used amp section. Check discussions in the amp section. Read and ye shall learn.
  5. I had that same cab, along with the 410tvx. I thought they were decent. The 115 has a Black Widow speaker, which has decent mids. It wasn't a great stand alone cab in a rock band.

The 410 sounded great...I used it mostly by itself. This is a much better cab then the 115...it produced more low end then the 115, nice mids that really cut through the mix, and decent highs...although the tweeter was harsh.

Both of these cabs are heavy !! Peavey lists the 115 as 94 lbs, it feels much heavier. The 410 is even worse, very solid. I pulled a muscle in my back from carrying these cabs. After that, I traded them.

Overall, I think you can do better then the 115 as a stand alone. Paired together, they sound great, however, that's $800...you can find much better cabs at that price. I'd say go with the 410 or keep looking. They're plenty of deals to be found.
  6. fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    Thanks alot for the responses so far.
  7. That's very informative. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Oh Great One. :rolleyes: Those of us that are actually satisfied with our Peavey amps...well evidently we don't posess your wisdom.
  8. fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    thanks for that,i did not even know that ernie made cabs.
  9. LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I use that 115BVX along with 1 2x10tvx. The 15 sounds good but the 2x10 actually sounds deeper to me. It's a good cab for the money but it's big and heavy. You can get as much volume and tone from a differrent cab that is lighter and roughly the same price. Almost all Peavey stuff is extremely big and heavy. I think that is one of the reasons that their equipment is so durable.

I own one and I like it. I would, however, reccomend that you buy a different cab. Technology is making new cabs smaller, louder and more efficient. If you are going to be gigging you are going to want a lighter rig.
  10. fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    yes weight is not always a good thing,i think i might like to go with a lighter cab but i need a durable one also,if only money grew on trees :bawl:
  11. How about a 212 from Avatar? Or, if you can fine one, a used Aguilar GS212. That Music Man 212 would also be a great choice.

I think a 2x12 would be a better stand alone cab then a 1x15.
  12. fatsobasso

Dec 24, 2005
    Ormond florida
    yeah i agree with the 2-12 info