1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Orange "O" Bass?? Opinions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ritchie_Darling, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    O-Bass-Image-1-1030x1030.

I quite like the looks. Has anyone played it?

Are there opinions??

Let me hear 'em!

ed morgan likes this.
  2. CatSquare

CatSquare

Mar 7, 2014
    I agree, awesome looking bass. I've not had the pleasure though.

3. The bass looks o.k.......but still looks tiredly generic.

The color....is horrible...

socialleper and gebass6 like this.
  4. Ritchie_Darling

Ritchie_Darling Bass @ AZ Supporting Member

May 22, 2006
    Arizona
    Impulse buyer...
    True, it's a bit plain. But, I like the color... :)

nixdad likes this.
  5. EVerderame

EVerderame

Feb 17, 2016
    i like the color and the LP shape, how much it costs? has anyone played one of these?

6. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    they are about $450. There are three different color options. They must be available because there are couple for sale on Reverb

7. ScarfFace

ScarfFace Supporting Member

Aug 23, 2014
    La Crosse WI
    I think they look cool, but I don't like playing LP shaped instruments.

8. EVerderame

EVerderame

Feb 17, 2016
    they look nice to me, hope they are not as heavy as an actual LP.
    that would be my only regard.
    $450 is not that much, but really depends on the pups, bridge and tuners, and how they play...
    good find in the end, i hope to have a chance to play in one of these

9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i like it as well: do you think there is a stock fretless version? but i'm with EVerderame , i'd like to play one and see what it's about.

10. 2cooltoolz

2cooltoolz Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Lake Conroe, TX
    Like the bass. Hate the pickguard.

11. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

I wouldn't ever consider playing one. TB rules prevent me from commenting on the bass' looks. It does seem to be the best value from Orange though. I would have expected this bass to be considerably more expensive coming from Orange.

12. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    This.
    I heard a demo online and it sounded like a very bright P bass.
    The appearance is nauseating. It should come with some shag carpet and a windowless van. Or possibly an IPA and hipster beard.
    The problem with Orange is they take the "Orange" part too seriously. I've considered their cabs, but I'd have to find a black one. The color orange wore out its welcome along with powder blue, avocado, and mustard yellow back in the late 70s early 80s.

gebass6 likes this.
  13. TMARK

TMARK

Jan 10, 2012
    Richmond VA
    The color forecasters dig orange. My wife is a designer. When I was contemplating selling my 410 and AD200 she was firmly against it. She wanted to have a plexiglass box made to go over it and keep it in the living room.

Twangster101 likes this.
  14. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    I am blissfully unaware of what that term means.
    Black, silver, red; nothing else goes on stage with me.

15. Warpeg

Warpeg Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Ohio
    Meh. I see no innovation or tangible value with this bass. It's an economy-focused P-bass with a LP-shaped body.

gebass6, slantedpanted and jd56hawk like this.
  16. unthinkable

unthinkable

Dec 20, 2015

The bass comes in a nice brown sunburst with white binding around the top of the body's edge. there is also a black one with binding. the bass sounds and plays great...the pickup is based off of a 57 P bass...I would have preferred the 62 as it has all that P bass growl. The neck is very fast...the tuners are smooth. the fit and finish equal any bass under $2000.00.
    The bridge is an Omega BadAss clone so the sustain goes on forever. I forgot the name of the wood but it sounds good...and fender uses it for several of their newest Strats as it is light but the fibers are dense so you get a maple like high end (like a Les Paul) The body style is very close to a mid 60's Hohner Club Bass. The neck is a standard 34'' .
    It quite simply plays great and sounds like P bass...I am sure on record you could not tell it is not a Fender. I intend to update the pots etc. and put in the Duncan vintage 62
    The coolest thing is everyone wants to know all about it. Best of all I get the P bass sound without looking like 80 percent of the players that play the clubs.
    At the price getting one (to go with my old jazz) was a no brainer.

17. HeavyHand

HeavyHand

Jul 22, 2016
    I played one a couple of weeks ago at a music shop. Overall all, there are better p-basses for the price

EVerderame likes this.
  18. JimmyThunder

JimmyThunder Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2008
    New Hampshire
    But find one that's orange and a (semi)unique design!

I'd buy an unlined fretless one in a hot minute.

19. Blaargh

Blaargh

Apr 4, 2016
    I think they look pretty awesome, I dig the colour and the look. I'd probably put a mudbucker in one though, that could be a freaking sweet bass.

20. ParallelSuns

ParallelSuns

Apr 18, 2016
    Normally the orange color of their gear doesn't put me off. But on this bass, it does.