1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Outdoors

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by scottfeldstein, Jun 2, 2014.

1. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    So I had this gig to play at a local outdoor festival. We were to be the last act on the last day, Sunday at 1 PM. Plus it was supposed to storm like hell. Some unknown had been contracted to provide the house PA. I brought both my 2x12 and my newly added 2x10 cab to give the whole right a first test drive. My expectations were low. We were actually playing after the Elvis impersonator.

And yet, it was one of those gigs where the stars all aligned and everything went right. The weather was beautiful, with a nice cool breeze across the stage. My rig sounded great. Everyone performed well. The sound guy was fantastic, as everyone said we sounded great. He even knew how to mic and mix the cajones.

About an hour after we finished we were saying our last goodbyes and drinking free beer...then it started to storm like hell. Perfect timing.

Here's hoping all our summer gigs--and yours--go as well.

Munjibunga likes this.
  2. Febs

Febs Supporting Member

May 7, 2007
    Philadelphia, PA
    All I see is "Video Unavailable. This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings."

3. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    Oh, bummer. Must be restrictive sharing from the person who posted it on Facebook.

4. Sweet! Always nice when the weather holds out for a summer gig. And always nice to try out a new big rig and have it work great.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    It's really refreshing to get this kind of report. Way to go.