1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Own solo bass song.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by UnVividDreams, Jan 6, 2012.

1. UnVividDreams

UnVividDreams

Jan 6, 2012
  2. niels125

niels125

Aug 11, 2011
    I like the song :)

3. UnVividDreams

UnVividDreams

Jan 6, 2012
    Bump

4. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    Welcome!

Unfortunately, I couldn't really hear the song over the string noise and the fret buzz, sorry. Maybe try recording it direct next time?

5. ejmy

ejmy

Nov 30, 2008
    Try playing it on the classical guitar leaning on the wall behind you, sound's like a tune composed for guitar.

6. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    I thought the same initially, but then I realised that one is able to express oneself on any instrument.

7. ejmy

ejmy

Nov 30, 2008
    Absolutly :)

8. JakeAndAirwaves

JakeAndAirwaves

Jun 3, 2011
    TX
    Welcome to TB!

I like the song. But yes, the fret buzz and string noise is very loud. Maybe looking into recording by other means.

9. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    I disagree with the "classical guitar" comment.

It sounds perfectly arranged for bass. Some people might get upset that you aren't doing what a drummer is telling you to do or that you aren't really playing bass because what you are doing can be played on some other insturment. Well, those people are missing the point. If the bass was meant to be used as one thing only then it wouold have two strings and the fret board would end after the fourth note position.

I like the composition you've put together.

I agree with the direct recording recommendation. It would be much more satisfying to listen to if it werent' for ambient instrument noise bleeding into the mic. I look forward to seeing your progression through pieces.

10. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Oh, and I love your channel name.

I play that same genre of music.

11. Skitch it!

Skitch it!

Sep 6, 2010
    Nice set of chord changes, just one thing, it looks like you are using just the thumb and index? If you can try bringing the mid into play as a picking digit too, more combinations, better flow, less work.

12. Luv2Pla4U

Luv2Pla4U

Feb 18, 2011
    Richmond, VA
    Great song, unique in that it is performed on a P-bass (usually you hear compositions like this on a 6-stringer). The only advice I would give beyond those already addressing fret buzz & string noise would be to place the lighting behind the camera, facing you, so that we can see your fingering technique (some of us might want to actually see & hear you!)

13. UnVividDreams

UnVividDreams

Jan 6, 2012
    Thanks guys for the nice feedback and tips! :) But i dont have any recording device, can i record the video direct to the computer in some way?

I also think it sounds like a song for classic guitar thought but i dont see any problem playing it on bass as i created it on bass, lets just say i play Classic Bass ;)

Please subscribe and like if you like it i would mean alot :)

14. UnVividDreams

UnVividDreams

Jan 6, 2012
    Icecycle do u got any recording i could hear i would be nice :)

15. UnVividDreams

UnVividDreams

Jan 6, 2012
    bumb:D