1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pair of EA Wizzy 10's

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by wellso74, Sep 25, 2010.

1. wellso74

wellso74 Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    Does anyone own a pair of Wizzy tens? I have a single wizzy 10 and its great for small gigs- but I haven't tried it with a loud group like a jazz quartet or big band, or an electric gig for that matter. Any opinions?

2. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    I've played a pair of tens combining mine and a friends. Sounded good, but it's still just a bit more sound than a 210 cab...would that do for your louder gigs?

I use a pair of Wizzy 12s for loud stuff and it has been fine.

3. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

You can ask Bob Gollihur. I once heard that he uses 2 Wizzy 10's with his 5 string bg and upright.

4. wellso74

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    yeah- I'm wondering if I should buy another (make a pair) for double gigs or get a 12. I have the opportunity to get a lightly used EA CXL12E.

5. bassdaddyfive

bassdaddyfive

Feb 12, 2009
    Kenosha Wi.
    I have used 2-10" wizzys and it's great for BG and combine them with a 500watt micro or 1200watt pro and it makes a nice system. I owned a CXL12 and it is a outstanding cab and loud. I also use a pair EA 12-M line cabs in a 2 cab stack for loud gigs. So I use 2-10" cabs or 2-12" m-line cabs. I like the 2 10 stack for most gigs or a single 12 cab. Adding another wizzy 10" cab would be the choice I would make in your situation.

6. wellso74

Jan 8, 2010
    Richmond, Virginia
    thanks for the input!

7. EKinPNW

EKinPNW Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2007
    Portland, OR
    I've used a pair of EA VL-110's with BG at an outdoor rock show, plenty of volume and killer tone. I believe the wizzys have better sensitivity, meaning more volume.