1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey 112 Headliner Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jfabrizio, Jan 25, 2019.

1. jfabrizio

jfabrizio

Sep 10, 2006
    Hello everyone....I am currently playing an Ampeg b-100r bass combo but looking to purchase a head and cab setup. I have always liked the reliability of the Peavey brand and I am considering the purchase of one (or two!) Headliner 112 cabs. I am considering the 112 cabs as opposed to the 410 or 115 cabs since the 112’s are lightweight and easy to transport. I am curious to hear other people’s opinons of the 112 cab specifically with respect to sound quality. Is there anyone who has had direct gigging experience with these cabs? If it matters I play a fender p bass and I am considering the Peavey MiniMax head to go with this. Any opinions would be appreciated! TIA!

2. james benecke

james benecke

Jan 5, 2019
    just ordered one can let you know in a couple days

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    I have played through a pair of Headliner 112's with a Peavey MiniMega Head and they sounded very good.

4. jfabrizio

jfabrizio

Sep 10, 2006
    Any thoughts? How do you like the cab and what head are you using?

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I have one. A little heavier than the current crop of 112's though. Also the tweeter is very subtle. Sometimes I wonder if it's working. I bought it just to have a cab at the rehearsal spot. I have gigged it a few times and it did the job.

6. james benecke

james benecke

Jan 5, 2019
    bass.JPG sounds good to me.