Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey 3620...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Aj*, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Ok I have a few questions about this mamoth cab. I have a chance to pick one up within a reasonable vicinity of my house and the price is pretty cheap so I'm thinking it may be time to finally just say "to hell with practicality, I want an amp taller than me". Anyway, on to the questions, I know it's gonna weigh a ton and be massive but does anyone have a figure for the weight and any dimensions. Also, the 18s are knackered, what would be a good replacement and how much would they cost? What ohm of 18" would I need? Also, what's the impedance of the whole cab itself. The problem with this thing is there isn't much info out there on it. I read somewhere that the cab is 4-4 1/2 ft tall, that would make my full stack 6 1/2 ft tall!! :D. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    What head are you using that is two feet tall? Or would you put, say, another 18 under it, just for good measure? :D

3. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    My existing Hartke 410 of course :D.

4. Crockettnj

Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    you should get a 610 or 810 instead of your 410. 3620+810.

5. there is a cab up here at the music store...that thing is a monster...i would say its not too practical, as i have the little brother, the 1810, and even that is super heavy, when there are lighter cabs...either way, its huge!!!

6. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    I was just looking at the specs of this cabinet in a 1985 Peavey Monitor magazine.

The cabinet is rated a 4 ohms. The 18's are Black Widow speakers and the 10's are Scorpions.

There is no weight but I wouldn't be surprised if its in the 150 lb range.

If the 18's are "knackered" as you say, you could buy 2 new Peavey 1801 Black Widow speaker basket assemblies (without the magnet) then remove the magnets from the old "knackered" 18's and put them on the new 1801 speaker basket assemblies. This will save you a lot in cost.

Make sure you make a diagram of the wiring connections before removing anything so you have a reference for re-installation.

Good luck.

TD

7. that was going to be my suggestion. the only concern there, though is that the speakers may be from before peavey developed the field-replaceable baskets. but i'm sure a current 18" BW or BWX driver would be fine in this application (and then you'd have field-replaceable baskets).

robb.

8. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK