1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Mark III Series 300 CHS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BadMonk, Nov 21, 2006.

1. BadMonk

BadMonk Enjoy The Ride

Feb 25, 2006
    Bedminster, New Jersey
    Anybody out there using or know anything about these ole' Peavey amps? All I know so far is that it's 150 watts at 4 ohms. On line reviews seem positive - probably Peavey nuts like I'm becoming.

Here's where I really need some help too. What kind of cabs are you using or suggest for the old school kind of sound out of this amp...playing blues, jazzy blues, old rock, and some folky kinda stuff?

2. ds650heavy

ds650heavy

Apr 29, 2011
    I have been using this amp for about 12 years. I have it coupled to a Hartke 410XL and the sound is phenomenal. I play a Schecter Custom4.

This amp pushes more than its 150W suggests. I love it.

3. d3nzi0

d3nzi0

Oct 21, 2013
    Sydney, Australia
    Proud new owner here and using it with two 15" speakers. Sounds HUGE.

4. lostdog

lostdog

Jun 17, 2014
    Old post I know. I was running searches on this head. I bought one locally for 80 bucks with a 115 cab. I thought it was a good deal for the cab alone. Ive always been a tube head. That being said, my ampeg v4 is in the shop. I pulled this one out and was blown away. I mean, I played it for 10 min when I bought it and hauled it around as a back up but never used it. Now Im using it at shows while the pig is getting mended. Im shocked at the sound of this thing. Im running it through a ampeg classic 410 and a ampeg classic 115. With both cabs it sounds amazing. With the 410 it sounds amazing. With the 115 it sounds amazing. Plenty of headroom and a lot of eq control for different cabs and basses. Sad to say, when the pig is done it will be back as the main head, but for 80 bucks! I would recommend this head to anyone. The pig is worth 800 to 1000.