1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Max Bass Preamp Footswitch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thedarkknight1, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Thedarkknight1

Thedarkknight1

Dec 19, 2016
    Guys (and gals),

I know this topic was probably covered ad-nauseam but I need a tiny bit more guidance since ALL of the last posts are very old. For bringing this up again I apologize, I really do but I don't have a knowledge base to turn to. I got a hold of a Peavey Max Bass Preamp and I would like to get a hold of the original matching footswitch for it. I know they don't exist anymore but I would like to see what it looks like. Does anyone have a photo they could share of the actual footswitch? I will probably wind up making one using a "transtube" footswitch and rewiring based on the Peavey schematics (if I ever get them). Any help would be greatly appreciated and once again, I apologize for bringing up this topic once more. It's just that the members of this forum are more knowledgeable than the manufacturers on certain topics. Everyone have a safe and Happy Holidays!

2. John Swartz

John Swartz

Apr 9, 2008
    Good luck on the schematics - I wanted to mod a Transtube switch I bought off Ebay and failed since I could never find the schmatics. Luckily I had found a Maxbass switch on Ebay, but sold it when I sold my previous Maxbass - maybe one will show up again some day? Anyway, as I recall, it had 3 switches - 1) Channel Select (with LEDS showing which channel is selected similarly to the front panel), 2) Combine switch (combining the tube and solid-state channels - same as the front panel), and 3) Effects Loop switch (which I think had a red LED when engaged).

Sorry - not as much help as you wanted/needed.

John

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Just to be clear: did you call Peavey tech support, actually talk to a tech there, and come up empty on the schematic?

4. Thedarkknight1

Thedarkknight1

Dec 19, 2016
    I emailed Peavey and they still haven’t responded. I know it’s the holidays so I’ll give them as much time as they need to give me the right diagram. I sure hope they come through.

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    I'd recommend that you call them instead. Same for most tech support in the MI business. Cuts out the middle man in many cases.

But you can also PM and I'll send you a janky PDF scan. The switching is very straightforward.

6. John Swartz

John Swartz

Apr 9, 2008