1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Millennium AC BXP: Which picture is accurate

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deathofbalance, Dec 17, 2006.

1. deathofbalance

deathofbalance

Jul 11, 2006
    While on musiciansfriend.com, I saw this bass while scrolling through. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Millennium-4-AC-BXP-4String-Bass?sku=511400. As you can see in the picture, it's a bright, flashy purple. But when I looked on the Peavey website, I came across this very different picture:http://www.peavey.com/images/fullsize/00531740.jpg. As you can see, it's very different from the finish that caught my eye. So my question for someone who owns or has seen the thing in person is which picture better resembles what I would see. If it's just a lighting difference, which looks more similar to what an audience would see during a show? Thanks.

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

The Peavey picture is a little more accurate.

[​IMG]

3. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I just bought this one. Waiting on it's arrival!
    [​IMG]

4. ESPplayer

ESPplayer

Nov 17, 2006
    YEAH!!! Another Peavey Millenium Player! Dude enjoy the bass they are truly awesome!

5. deathofbalance

deathofbalance

Jul 11, 2006
    Hmm... Tiger Eye it is for me, then, if I get that model, because that purple is too dull for my tastes. I want something that really catches your eye. Thanks for your responses. Since I don't have the sweet purple as a motivator any more, is there that much difference sound-wise between the active and passive? Because if there's no signifcant tonal advantage to the active, I might save myself the batteries and the $40 and snag a blue pasive one.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'm willing to bet the passive model is more growly and old school sounding due to the jazz style (assuming they are single coils) pickups. I already have a an active bass with jazz pickups and wanted something more modern sounding. In addition, the active model is 18v so if you don't want to deal with dying batteries, then go with the passive.

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Ok, I just got back from my gig and I used my Millenium AC BXP 5! Holy cow, this bass is totally gigable! And good lord, I had no idea an 18v pre could be so hot! My 9v Tobias has less gain than my Fender passive Jazz! I brought both basses and ended up using the Peavey the entire night! The band loved the sound! I will be searching for a USA model! I'm sold on Peavey! I can see where they saved bucks on the CII (Crafted in Indonesia) models. The hardware! While the monorail bridges are nice they don't seem very high in quality. Can they be replaced? Also the knobs seemed cheap as well with the paint already wearing off. The tuners are supposed to be Hipshots and seem okay. They turn easy and feel solid. Not sure what the strings were but they sounded great! Peavey's got a good thing going here. If they spring for just a little bit more money and upgrade the bridges and knobs................hell, just put the USA's back in production!

8. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Oh man... I feel some GAS coming on... :meh:

9. That purple is great looking.

10. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I love those Peavey headstocks! :bassist:

11. I played both before buying and prefered the passive to the active. The passive sounds very much like a clasic Jazz bass. Very full and warm with just the right amound of growl. The active was a little steril for my tastes. I put the money I saved by buying the passive into a new set of Elixer strings (with taper wound B), The new string really brought this bass alive:hyper: (the factory string are horrible :crying: imitations of bass strings).

12. bassman_rob

bassman_rob

Dec 23, 2006
    Bend, OR
    I hear u brother!!! Great balanced bass. I use it every day!!!:p :D

13. Wespe

Wespe

Feb 21, 2006
    I own a 5 string AC BXP with the active 18v, and can't for the life of me to get a trebly sound that's actually useable out of this bass. Unfortunately, it only sounds good with the tone controls all the way down.

Is it just me?

14. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

It may be just your bass. I got plenty treble outta mine. In fact I was slapping something fierce and the sound was clear & bright! I admit to the B string being floppy and muddy but it's the string! I plan on putting Elixers on mine. I have them on my Tobias! Try different strings (stainless steel). Some DR's or Elixers should do.

15. one of my friend recently bought the purple one and I was really surprised how good it was

I'll probably buy it from her if she offers to sell it later