Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Nitrobass

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chaotickneutral, Jan 8, 2006.

1. chaotickneutral

chaotickneutral

Nov 21, 2005
    I have just come into some money [18th birthday!] and I already know that I am buying the 210 Delta from Avatar Speakers.

Do you think that the Nitrobass would be a good companion for the cab i want?

I found a Nitrobass used for $220 from a local music store and I will bring the price down on by trading in some gear if I purchase it.

I have only heard good things about both Avatar and Peavey but I don't have experience with either please advise with haste, I don't want to wait til someone else has snatched up the amp if I decide to get it!

Thanks in advance!! :hyper: :help: :hyper:

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Go for it. That Peavey is a great amp, the price is right. It isn't going to sound amzing, and beautiful. But you will pump out low end at ear splitting levels.

-Mike

3. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    If you can hold out til you get your speaker, take it with you to the store and try several amps through it.

4. theshadow2001

theshadow2001

Jun 17, 2004
    Ireland
    Peaveys and cockroaches are the only things that will survive a nuclear holocaust (sp?)

5. Soooo true

I have a firebass head and love it, they are good amps :) and they are pretty indestructable!

6. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I think Peavey amps are built with the same materials as the M1-Abrams tank. :D

Their biggest drawbacks are weight/size. My amp weighs more than my Schro 1212 cab. Aside from the weight/size issue, it is a rock solid amp that puts out sharp SS tone.

7. Weight and size issues? bah! my firebass is light as a feather compaired to my SVT :p !

8. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Ain't that the truth! How much does that SVT weigh in at? It's gotta be close to 100lbs no?

9. Mine is the SVT-II, so its a rackmount, not got all the wooden casing and such, but still, 85-90lbs im sure

10. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I'm sure it sounds like pure sexyness though!
    I notice you have a Peavey, SVT and a Sansamp BDDI..how do you run your set up? Do you use both heads for both cabs simultaneously?

11. I have done, but, its complete overkill!

When i did i ran my bass into my sansamp BDDI, and then from the parallel out (clean) went to SVT and the coloured output to the Firebass, SVT to the 410 and firebass to the 2x15, also tried the SVT pre out to the firebass input (not the firebass power amp in tho, that would have been suicide, not volume control!)

What i usually do now is just run a bass into the sansamp BDDI and then from the BDDI coloured out into the SVT into both cabs, the firebass is more of a backup now, altho, now and then i run the Firebass with both cabs, either way, its complete overkill, especially considering my current guitarist only has one of these:
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--MSHMG100DFX

:smug:

12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

A Nitrobass and Avatar 210 is a totally pro combo at a ridiculously low price. I used a Deltabass for 2 years with a Peavey 115 BVX BW in a Praise and Worship band and it was great. The Deltabass has the same basic preamp as the Nitro and Firebass. You'll like the "contour" control. It will beef up the sound just fine. They sound good with a SABDDI too.

I currently have a Nitrobass that I picked up off Evilbay for a song as backup to my SVT III Pro.

Those Peavey Tour series heads are very solid, good performing pieces. You will have to spend significantly more money to get better performance.

13. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    That's an awesome set up! I'm sure your guitarist hates you hehehe. Will he be forced to get a bigger rig soon?

14. Hopefully, i really want to open up my SVT!

And Hawkeye's right, the contour button kicks!

15. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    I have a nitrobass. It's a good amp. At the price you're paying, it's a great amp. I bought mine new right when the max 450 was released so I got the nitrobass and a 210tvx for $350. I then purchased a 115bvx and I really really like it. That amp CAN have a very nice tone and is versitle but you'll have to do a lot of knob tweeking to get the tone you are looking for. You really couldn't ask for more features. I think the nitrobass is a great amp. The only other amp I'd consider at that price is the Ashdown mag . Avatar is selling it for 250 and if you buy your amp and cab from them you don't have to pay shipping.

16. chaotickneutral

chaotickneutral

Nov 21, 2005
    I must have missed the bit about the shipping!

Where does it say that?

17. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    sorry if I was misleading. If you buy your amp and cab from them you don't have to pay the shipping charges on the amp. you would still have to pay the shpping charges of the cab. It would only save you roughly $20 but when I make many purchases I try to do it through as few vendors as possible. This way you are fully aware of return policy, warranty....etc

18. chaotickneutral

chaotickneutral

Nov 21, 2005
    Ah, well, thats still good to know.

Thank you for the info.

19. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I have a Nitrobass head. The only downfall I see in it is that you have to run it at 4 or 2 ohms to really get enough power to keep up with a rock band. Other than that it is a great head.

20. chaotickneutral

chaotickneutral

Nov 21, 2005
    Well, I thought about that, so I think, if I decide to go with the Nitro that I will get the 4ohm 210Delta and then maybe get another 4ohm something later when I have built up enough funding again [say... 4x10 :D ]