1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal board power issue

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Nv_D_SlapnPop, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Have a cheap board I bought years ago and noticed an odd issue today. I purchased a wm clone and it only works with the adapter cords that are closest to the main wall wart cord so I'm guessing the power is distributed away from the wall wart and gets weaker?
    Could this harm my pedals furthest from the chain that actually do work with it?
    Thanks.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The voltage will be constant at all outlets, if the wiring is correct and not broken/defective. The amount of current available will drop as you add pedals, but the WM only draws like 3 mA, so it would not be affected even at that. So there are only two things I can think of that would cause what you described:
    1) The wiring is corroded/defective.
    2) One of the "middle" pedals in the chain has some grounding or polarity issue that causes the WM to not work properly when placed after the "problem" pedal.

Use the process of elimination to narrow it down.