1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedal Questions

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by therev, Aug 10, 2012.

1. therev

therev

Apr 28, 2012
    Pittsburgh
    I bought an Zoom B21u from a fellow TBer. Its a neat little unit, now that i have figured out how to work it. But the effects leave alot to be desired and was going to get individual pedals instead.
    I'm definately going to get a Electro-harmonics Big Muff. what would be the differnce between the little big muff, the Pi and the Russian and the regular big muff?
    Also getting a Morley wah pedal. Big Cliff Burton fan and want his time. the zoom distortion and wah is just too trbly and shrill.
    Also want recomendations on which pedals to get for the following effects. i have never been a boss pedal fan, but will buy and pay for a good sounding pedal.
    I would like to get :
    Pitch Shifter
    Octaver
    flanger
    reverb
    delay
    defretter

2. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    For a pitch shifter and octaves, you can't go wrong with the Digitech Whammy, especially since they just released a new version.

3. the iron ether nimbus gets a whole lotta love here in the reverb catagory

delaywise, i'm a big fan of the TC nova repeater. Great tape emulation, super tweakable with loads of options like dual delay and it has tap-tempo. It's no Strymon timeline, but its also less than half the price.

And fwiw, there is no decent sounding fretless effect. I can get some very dub-y bowed bass sounds on my EHX microsynth, but nothing close to a legitimate fretless

4. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    If you don't mind feeling a little lighter in your pocketbook, the Eventide Pitchfactor works awesome as an octaver, pitch shifter and delay. Love that pedal so much I own two.

5. Was just looking at that new Whammy. I like that they have the "desirable" 5th/up 6th/up but left out the 5th/up Oct/up and ABSOLUTELY no mention at all about using this new Whammy on bass guitar (which Digitech knows would be a HUGE selling point)...That tells me that this should react negatively on a tuned down bass, like all of the others did. Even at Drop D they dont track properly from the 6th fret down on the bass E string.

So i would def take your bass to the store with your tuning and and try it out before spending a .01

my .02

6. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Pitchfactor does the 5th up/Octave up and sounds great on bass. ;)