1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal Train Pro pics!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Crabby, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    :hyper:

I know I put these photos in the "Post Your Pedalboards" thread, but I figured my efforts to assemble my dream pedal setup may deserve a second look. :D

june11039.gif
    june11040.gif
    june11032.gif
    june11033.gif
    june11030.gif
    june11035.gif
    june11034.gif
    othello044.gif
    othello045.gif

2. flakeh

flakeh Inactive

Apr 21, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    Wow! thats a very nice, clean board you got there. wow.

looks great!

3. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    nice clean board. nice pedals. A job Well Done!!:)

4. fishtx

fishtx

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    very nice!...do you have a ps mounted underneth? HOw are you powering everything?

5. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

now you're ready for that gig with Beck! :smug:

hey Carbby, can you email me a couple of hi-res pics?

6. ibanezcollector

ibanezcollector Yoyo's Hurt When You Crank It Into Your Face

Feb 18, 2007
    Cleveland Ohio
    thats got to be the cleanest board I have ever seen..

Kudos for not have a birds nest of wires.. Showing at least :)

Im anal about wires..

7. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Thanks guys. Its all powere by a single Godlyke Powerall so no power strip is needed. I do have room underneith if I ever need to have more than the one power adaptor.

I spent quite a bit of time messing with the VFB2 last night and I really like it. it improved all of my overdrive drive sounds dramatically.

8. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I did send the photobucket link to Tom. Let me know if you need it sent again.

9. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    Crabby, firstly, excellent board!

Could you please list your effects chain please?? :p

10. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Here you go:

The board is seperated into three sets of pedals, each with their own true bypass looper. The entire board can be bypassed by turning off the three loopers. The MXR Micro amp is after the last loop before the amp and is always on to provide a slight boost to compensate for all the cabling. Signal chain is as follows:

Bass into -

1. Loopmaster single bypass loop which has in its loop:
    Bassballs filter, Mini Q Tron filter, Punch Factory compressor, Bass Auto Q auto wah, 105Q wah.

2. Barge Concepts VFB2 which has in its loop:
    HAO Rustride overdrive, Fulltone Bassdrive overdrive, EHX Little Big Muff fuzz

3. Radial Bigshot which has in loop #1:
    Stereo Clone Theory chorus, Phase90 phaser, BF2 flanger, DD3 delay
    Loop #2 is used as a mute when its kicked on.

The last pedal is the Micro Amp which is the perfect way to restore any volume loss from the chain of pedals and cables. Its nice to have a subtle clean boost to drive the long signal chain.

So far its pretty sweet.

11. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

Dec 6, 2002
    UK
    Cheers mate, seems a very logical way to do everything! I like it!

12. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Thanks, the order works well but it took quite a bot of messing around to find the order that I liked. There is no wrong way to set up and effects chain but I strongly believe that some configurations work a lot better than others.

Many prefer their wah after overdrive but mine works really well going before the dirt pedals. Not so much with the Little Big Muff but I don't mine as the wah tone with a little overdrive added afterwards is fantastic.

The filters go first as they are touch sensitive and having them go after the compressor or overdrives would mess with that.

I keep the modulation pedals at the end with delay as the last effect which is pretty common as the modulation type effects dont usually sound very good after overdrive or fuzz.

Suprisingly, I have no noise issues or hum in this setup.

13. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    WOW!!! I just got my PedalTrain2 pedal board and I'm wondering if I should instead downsize to the PedalTrainJR instead!! Then I see this!!!!! Great job, regardless of size, this confirms for me that pedaltrain was the way to go. Nice and clean!

14. ElectroStompbox

ElectroStompbox

May 20, 2007
    how does the mirco q compare to the q+?

15. Unknowndude

Unknowndude

Apr 20, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Are you powering them all off of one adapter? looks like that. That's pretty crazy.

16. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Holy wow that's awesome!

I'm thinking of going to a different board setup. My carpet one is quite funky on Sunday AM's after using it at the club the night before... :oops:

I just like my second riser, but I may be going PedalTrain here in the future...

17. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Just the one Godlyke Powerall takes care of powering the whole board. I bought some Visual Sound daisy chain extensions as they have right angle plugs and the Godlyke ones are straight. I had to use a few of the straight ones on the board but I used them on pedals that had lots of room.

There are no issues whatsoever just using the one adaptor. I paid $50 for the Godlyke and it came with the little blue cables for the older EHX pedals as well as a bunch of other adaptors and extensions. Its a great deal. I have no noise issues at all and never run out of power.

18. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    I just realized another fantastic feature of the Pedal Train boards. They are so solid. My last pedal board was a Warwick Rockcase and I never realized how sponge like and springy it was. The plywood based board sat on big rubber feet but was way too flexable in the middle.

The Pedal train is so solid that the pedals dont move at all. This makes it so much easier to stomp on the pedal switches as there isn't that springy give that was really irritating. The actual pedals feel more solid now.

Just thought I'd add that as it really is a nice feature.

19. SCHWEETT BOARD!

20. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Inactive

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    So how many daisy chains are you runnin' there? ;)

I want to upgrade to a PedalTrain, but the 2 is just a tad too small and the Pro is way too huge, so I'm at a crossroads here. :meh:
    I guess I could just not hardwire my X2 wireless receiver on the board and I'd have room.

My NYC pedalboards carpet is getting a tad funky. :D

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021